PDA

View Full Version : thinking about doing a nano

rsxs1212
12/14/2006, 09:55 PM
I am keeping a 75 reef great right now.. i was thinking about doing a tank about 16x16x16 with an island overflow in the middle so that i could put my lower flow corals in.. i have them in my 75 which im trying to keep sps and flow is just to much for some of my lower flow corals.. i was thinking of maybe doing a cube like that.. what would i need in terms of equipment?? is a 1x39w pc bulb enough or should i do two? or what i dont really know.. how about a skimmer.. do i need one or if im liberal with my water changes will i be okay??

i was just going to convet my 20qt tank for this use but then it would take away of the QT purpose.. so let me know your ideas..

thanks

also where would a good place be to buy this?? it seems like glasscages has some good prices on both glass and acrylic tanks.. aquariums for you seems like they might be a little high but not sure yet, still waiting for quote..

im trying to do this on a semi budget, so any advice with that would be great

fishfanatic06
12/14/2006, 10:15 PM
I would go with 2x39 watt bulbs. I have seen people who make lots of water changes on their nanos, and they had no skimmer. They had great results. A skimmer would definetly help, but is not necessary if you make lots of water changes. From my experience with nanos a protein skimmer is a must for me. But that is just my opinion.