PDA

View Full Version : feeding agin ?? coral beuty

ThaNgBOm321
12/14/2006, 10:14 PM
few days ago i posted on what to feed them and since then i tried mysis shrimps and dried seaweed rubber banded on a chopstick. they dont seem to know what the seaweed stick is and swims right past it and as for the mysis, i try to squirt it close to them but they scare too easy and run.. how to feed and what tooo feed? ohh i also have a piece of shrimp stuck to a 2nd chopstick but they ignor it too? tips??

YzGyz

sunfish11
12/14/2006, 10:34 PM
I don't know when you purchased this fish but mine didn't really come out in the open for nearly a week. She eats all prepared/frozen foods and picks at alge on the walls and rocks. She wont touch a clip, and I have had her for over a year. Feed formula 1 flakes. Mine loves that better than the frozen formula 1. She also really likes mysis and brine. She also eats the sinking pellets that I drop in every so often for my shrimp. Good Luck!

ACBlinky
12/15/2006, 02:24 AM
Try placing a folded sheet of nori (dried seaweed) in a clip or under a mag-float. Walk away from the tank and let the fish relax, sooner or later one of them will discover the algae and try it out (this may take a few days of trying). IME once a fish figures out that the clip is a feeding station, they all go nuts any time it's removed from the water, anticipating a yummy snack.

sunfish11
12/15/2006, 08:29 AM
I meant to say Formula II above. That has more algea and also garlic.

ThaNgBOm321
12/15/2006, 01:56 PM
i have had my CB for 7/8 days now and only tried to feed them mysis and seaweed for 1 day so guess ill wait some more. they do come out more to the open but only inches away from rock and 'jets' back into the rock when there is any movement close to the tank ( like if someone stands up or if anyone walks by) do it really help to have the seaweed waving in the water? only reason im so anxious about feedding them is because for one, i would like too have them eat something other then whatever is on the rock & 2, i would like to be able to feed them food with stuff like 'selcon' as one of them seem to have a very small outbreak of ich but after searching a few times i read that since it's so minor you can try too boost there immune by feeding them healthy so that is what im trying to do. i already have a 46 wall uv hooked up and running a to try to not let the ich get worst and i shure as hell dont wanny pull out 350 lbs of RL to get 3 fish out to QT..

YzGyz