PDA

View Full Version : kalk reactor??

siding88
12/15/2006, 12:14 PM
so i got a pm kalk reactor, i just dont understand a small portion of it,,,, do u turn off the drip rate when u run the circulation pump or do u continue dripping non stop

myakkareef
12/15/2006, 03:16 PM
I set my drip rate to match evaporation rate and drip 24/7...

obaltus
12/15/2006, 03:43 PM
I think there is a misundestanding here. Siding88 is talking about a CalcReactor, a Reactor wich produces CaCO3 by disolving specific Media with carbondioxyde and your are talking about a KalkwasserReactor (Limewater stirer). I
I was wondering the same thing (see this thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=994581) and I have been replied, that the reactor should be fed constantly.

Randy Holmes-Farley
12/15/2006, 05:43 PM
Such names are ambiguous, and folks should identify their reactors as CaCO3/CO2 reactors or limewater (kalkwasser) reactors.
Anyway, does that answer your question, Siding?

myakkareef
12/21/2006, 07:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8760042#post8760042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by obaltus
I think there is a misundestanding here. Siding88 is talking about a CalcReactor, a Reactor wich produces CaCO3 by disolving specific Media with carbondioxyde and your are talking about a KalkwasserReactor (Limewater stirer). I
I was wondering the same thing (see this thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=994581) and I have been replied, that the reactor should be fed constantly.

Funny I still read it as "Kalk" reactor...Geez I must be an idiot..

toothman
12/21/2006, 09:26 AM
If it is a kalk reactor it can be paired with a auto top off electric float switch attached to a pump in a fresh ro/di revisor. This will fill the tank when it is low. Pretty simple.

If it is a ca reactor with hard coral, crushed coral inside, there is a circulating pump to just make the water move around inside the chamber. There is also another pump attached outside the reactor to push water at a slow drip in and out the reactor. Put effluent inside a aerated hanging cup or have it enter the skimmer to blow off excess co2. The outside pump should be a smaller power head.