PDA

View Full Version : rock it up

seesick
12/16/2006, 10:11 PM
The Christmas meeting was a success. So thank you Greg for hosting it. In my not so humble opinion it was the best meeting I have gone to yet. Big Kudos to you Greg! The white elephant gift exchange was very entertaining and the beverages were oh so deliciously frosty. Anyway I am putting this thread up because I wanted to organize a rock making party here in the next week or so. So if you would please respond for all of those who are interested it will probably be a good time. Also if K squared would like to join or assist us and interject some of there experience and knowledge that would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from a few of you.

Your Comrade in aquatics

israelnajar
12/16/2006, 10:53 PM
I would be interested in that.

crazy4acros
12/16/2006, 11:02 PM
Hey hey hey this sounds ilegal! hahahaaa can we make rock candy too?

israelnajar
12/16/2006, 11:09 PM
Are you talking about the making rock part or the implied deliciously frosty beverages that I am sure will be there?

Mrs_Witchdoctor
12/17/2006, 10:04 AM
Ksquared have been working hard for the last month on a presentation, samples, and experiences with how to instructions to be given at the January meeting. Seesick, let's talk and work your experiences in too so everyone can benefit. :)

asfullax
12/17/2006, 02:29 PM
I am looking foward to this in the January meeting myself. :)

ahman
12/17/2006, 07:57 PM
are u sure u wanna be making rock sick we don't want u to pull ur back or anything like that then the coral community will be at a loss hahaha j/k.

seesick
12/17/2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah thats cool O.K.N.M.i was just going to be off for the next couple of weeks and needed to make some for myself so I was going to invite whoever wanted to come over to check it out. I already have plenty of supplies here. I had spoke to Eric at the November meeting and told him that i would be willing to do something like this and nothing came of it. So I decided to put it out there to see if anyone was interested. So just let me know what i can do to help. Maybe we can do a presentation at the January meeting and then have people to get together to cook up some rock later. Israel let me know. Maybe we can have a rock party by ourselfs, and the kool-aid will be oh so deliciously frosty.

Mrs_Witchdoctor
12/18/2006, 09:55 AM
sounds good seesick; I didn't know you talked to Eric. I would love to have you present also at the Jan Meeting if you could put it on paper also so folks can take it home and follow instructions. :) Then also if you want to offer a hands on experience I think that would be awesome. Is it possible that some of the hands on could be done at the meeting??? I'd also like to put together a presentation on sps; maybe between all you acro kings???? Call me or stop by the store so we can talk...... :)

gregrunningbird
12/18/2006, 11:19 AM
I'd love to work on rock with Seasick and Israel, especially with the DIY coming up...please don't wait to show those interested the how-to...many batches might be wasted by us in the learning curve, and I would be happy to share what I learn, come the Jan. meeting.

aquafien
12/18/2006, 10:01 PM
i'll bring my pipe

israelnajar
12/18/2006, 11:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8781783#post8781783 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquafien
i'll bring my pipe

:eek1:

ksquared
01/08/2007, 09:55 AM
We're planning on doing a hands-on show-and-tell of our homemade rock process at the January meeting...we've been experimenting with how to accelerate the 6-week curing process, and we will share our (lack of) results there. Let's join forces!