PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Lion Question

NowasReef
12/17/2006, 09:50 AM
I have a 6ft 100gal FOWLR that currently houses a yellow tang, yellowtail Indian Angel, maroon clown, fairy wrasse, and a damsel n a chromis along w/a skunk shrimp, a sally loghtfoot and some hermits.......Would a dwarf lion get along with these tankmates or would it eat my shrimp and such? If not any other stocking ideas for a cool fish?

Thanks

VolitanLioness
12/17/2006, 08:55 PM
It probably would make a snack out of the shrimp, possibly the fairy wrasse, chromis and damsel, anything it can fit in it's mouth will eventually be gone.

Kaye

jjk82901
12/18/2006, 07:51 AM
I disagree. I think you will be fine. Those fish are fast and hard to catch. The shrimp are established and cleaner shrimp, therefore I think they will be left alone. Just ask yourself if the lion will be the last thing added to the tank...for now. Also if kept fed well enough it should be satisfied. Use your own judgement and you'll be fine.

Huma Huma6
12/20/2006, 09:06 PM
The shrimp might be eaten but there also might not be. Since these invertabraes are already established they might be ok. Your fish will be fine though. I reccomened one of the more peaceful types like the zebra or fu manchu but in my oponion are rather ugly.