PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica and the planted tank

james3200
12/17/2006, 09:56 AM
Hello all,

Although i am not a marine tank owner, i do have a number of high tech planted tanks, and i think this system can come in use.

Due to a bit of spare cash at the moment, im thinking of purchasing an aquatronica PH starter pack, with this as you know i will get the computer, temp & ph module. Id like the system to control my PH, MH Lighting, Temp, and dosing of ferts, for now..

Couple of questions.

Will the system be able to control my ph via turning on and off the soleniod that i have with my co2 system?

Will any Dosing pump be able to work with the system? I have an aqua medic twin doisng pump, and i would like to be able to use this to dose ferts

Can most equipment be used with the controller? Its just a question of turning the equipment of and on?

Thanks in advance,
James

Aquarium Obsessed
12/17/2006, 07:28 PM
Hey,

Will the system be able to control my ph via turning on and off the soleniod that i have with my co2 system?

YES. We use it for this use on our 600 gallon system.

Will any Dosing pump be able to work with the system? I have an aqua medic twin doisng pump, and i would like to be able to use this to dose ferts

NO. You need the Aquatronica dosing pump.

Can most equipment be used with the controller? Its just a question of turning the equipment of and on?

YES. Turn off and on OR control by parameters.

hth,

AO

james3200
12/18/2006, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the info

Will it be able to turn 150w MH off and on with no problems?

Cheers

James

wavey
12/18/2006, 09:50 AM
Hi,

Each plug can take 500w at 16 amps so you will have no problem with 150's

james3200
12/18/2006, 10:32 AM
Fantastic

I should have my setup tomorrow :D

So im sure il be on here with a few more questions soon!

James

james3200
12/19/2006, 03:58 AM
I just got the setup, v nice

However, the controller is not powering up again. I had it all setup working, then i disconnected it to set it in place, and now it wont turn back on?

The plugs work, but the controller is not coming on..

Anyone help?

Thanks

kwgozy
12/19/2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by wavey

Hi,
Each plug can take 500w at 16 amps so you will have no problem with 150's

Sorry james3200 I don't mean to hijack your thread I just have to ask wavey a question.

When you say that each plug can handle 500w at 16 amps do you mean the whole powerstrip or each plug on the powerstrip?

I have a Hamilton fixture with 2 400w halides and 2 96wt pc, what would be the best way to hook those up to the controller?

I have had my controller for about year and have never used it actually I have had my tank for about two and still no water. I have been slowly buying everything I need and doing major planning. Also will be moving as soon as I'm done with school, do not want to break down 150gl tank:eek1: Any help would be great Thanks, once again sorry james3200

Kyle

james3200
12/19/2006, 08:51 AM
No worries Kyle

I managed to speak to Aquatronica in Italy and they gave me the UK distributor. Spoken to them and they will replace any faulty parts, so i sent back the controller and power cable so i should be getting the replacement part(s) on Thursday, not bad service (would have been better if it worked first go though!)

When i went to pull out the power cable from the power bar, i noticed one of the metal pins in the connector missing. It must have come out when i disconnected it when i was getting it all in place, that was probably the fault?

James

kwgozy
12/19/2006, 09:07 AM
Glad to hear you got everything taken care of, hopefuly the next unit works better!

wavey
12/19/2006, 11:42 AM
Hi,

The UK version is 500w per plug and we have 6 per strip so thats 3000w per power strip.

The US ones are slightly different in that you have 8 plugs per strip.

Check with the guys at Aquarium Obsessed to be certain.

kwgozy
12/20/2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks!!!!