PDA

View Full Version : Are pods hardier tha red bugs?

reefdood
12/18/2006, 03:16 PM
I did an interceptor treatment on my 3 month old tank, a little over advised dose and for 10 hours. Now I can still see the regular pods on the glass. Is it usuaul to kill the bugs while still keeping SOME pods alive?

I did the treatment not because I saw any redbugs, but because the place I bought three ORA frags from has them. The tricolor and blue tort had typical RB daage but I didn't see any using a jewelers magnifier thingy.

sir_dudeguy
12/18/2006, 04:56 PM
red bugs are a type of pod..a type of amphipod to be more exact...so unless there is something in the med that targets them and not the regular amphipods, then i dont think that it would kill both. Thery're pretty closely related

reefdood
12/18/2006, 05:31 PM
Hmmmm... I crushed up 1/8 pill and addd it to my system(35g total water) and took off my collection cup and took out the venturi. Let it go for about 10 hours, then changed 5 gallons and 5 more the next day. I didn't even add the carbon because I have no crabs or shrimp. I have the carbon ready and will add it o a canister temporary, thentoss it back in the closet.

I can't unnerstand how the pods survived cause I see no redbugs. I moved my frags close to the glass and can see REAL close now with a jewelers scope while they are in tank. Bugs are gone I think.