PDA

View Full Version : just getting started....

MarvinsReef
12/18/2006, 03:47 PM
Hi guys.. just wanted to share my "a little bit" organized LPS gallery over at fotki.com... I have too many pics in my photobucket account so I decided to get a little bit more oraganize with a different host.. anyway, here's my little LPS collection... like the title says, I'm just getting started with this.. I'm really a zoanthid guy but been bitten by the LPS bug recently... :)

http://public.fotki.com/MarvinsReef/lps-collection/

btw, I would recommend viewing them in the slideshow style.. :)

Thanks...
Marvin

salt newbie01
12/18/2006, 04:09 PM
Very nice Marvin! Your collection is off to a nice start. That duncan is awesome!! Is the peace coral a favia or does it just appear to have a similar structure? It also is a nice piece, very cool colors. And that paly in your av, WOW talk about green!!

Great start!

MarvinsReef
12/18/2006, 09:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8778981#post8778981 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by salt newbie01
Very nice Marvin! Your collection is off to a nice start. That duncan is awesome!! Is the peace coral a favia or does it just appear to have a similar structure? It also is a nice piece, very cool colors. And that paly in your av, WOW talk about green!!

Great start!

Thanks... :)

The peace coral I think is some kind of favia.. a friend just gave me a decent frag and it grew good for me... :)

Nuclear green paly is my favorite...

Thanks again...

GMAX
12/19/2006, 08:26 AM
If by Peace Coral you are referring to the pastel colored coral that looks like the War Coral, that is Favites Pentagonia.

GMAX
12/19/2006, 08:28 AM
OOps should have looked at your gallery first. Your coral is not a Favites. It looks like a Favia to me. Nice coloration too.