PDA

View Full Version : clownfish flipping out

dcombs44
12/18/2006, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone.

I added my 2 fish to my new tank last night. I've had them both for over a year, but the lfs was babysitting while I was setting up my new tank. I drip acclimated them for about 1.5 hours last night, and them put them in the tank. They stayed very close to each other for most of the evening. I never turned the lights on. This morning they were both alive (yay) but still very close together. This evening I came home to find them out and swimming, but my clownfish seems to be attacking his reflection. I went and prepped some food (rod's food) and added a couple drops of vitachem. I tossed it in the water and the tang ate very well. The clown continued to race up and down, back and forth against the glass. Should I maybe shut the lights off for the evening and let him calm down, or is there something else i can do. The tank is very well cycled. It has run for 4 months and all params are in check.

pH 8.3
temp 80
NO3 0
NO2 0
NH3/NH4 0
calc 390
dk 8.3
PO4 .1
sg 1.023

Thanks

dcombs44
12/18/2006, 08:09 PM
I went ahead and turned the lights off and the clown immediately calmed down. I then waited about 30 minutes and dropped some pellet food in the tank and the clown ate. I hope he can sort out his differences with himself. This is weird.

itz frank
12/18/2006, 08:55 PM
He must see the reflection and think there's another clown in the tank. He's getting territorial with himself.

dcombs44
12/18/2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I realize that, but he's really stressing out about it. He is really wearing himself out. I'm very glad that I got him to eat, but I don't know if there's anything I can do besides turn the lights on and let "them" sort things out.