PDA

View Full Version : Teeth in fuge baffle?

scottwhitson
12/19/2006, 12:43 AM
I was wondering how important it is to have teeth cut in the baffle that seperates my fuge from my return section. I have two drains coming into the sump and the one coming into the fuge will be slow so I won't have alot of flow through the fuge so I was wondering if I would be alright without teeth? Isn't the main purpose of the teeth to keep your Chaeto from making it into other parts of the sump? If my flow is slow enough I shouldn't have to worry about that correct. My baffles are already siliconed in place and are glass so if I have to have teeth I don't know what I am going to do. Any suggestions. Please help ASAP. Sorry for the long post.

aquarius77
12/19/2006, 01:23 AM
Run it and find out!

If your chaeto is making its way to your return, cut a peice of eggcrate and set it in front of the baffel only taller so the chaeto cant get past.
HTH

Blown 346
12/19/2006, 03:09 AM
I have teeth cut in my baffle to so water doesnt come crashing in the return area causing bubbles to go to the return pump.

I used Acrylic for my baffles, I used a Router while my baffle was in place. My gallery has a pic of it.

Shagsbeard
12/19/2006, 08:19 AM
Epoxy some eggcrate over the lip an you get the same effect. Melev cuts teeth into his because he has all the tools he needs to do it. If you're doing your own and don't have the tools, use the eggcrate.

scottwhitson
12/19/2006, 11:43 AM
Great idea with the eggcrate thanks.