PDA

View Full Version : Wave height

ebb
12/20/2006, 11:20 AM
How high should I expect the wave to be with a wavebox in an 96x30x18 LxHxW tank assuming it is running along the long axis? I have bracing that is 1 inch above water level and would like to know if that is enough.

Does the wavebox somehow integrate with the streams from a timing standpoint? I have 4 6100's, 1 on each end angled slightly toward the front glass, and 1 each side at the corner formed by the overflow and the back glass. These are angled toward the front/center glass as well. The overflows are not in the corner of the tank, but about 10 inches from each end. I hope that is making sense, a diagram would do wonders here. I run a pulsing 1.5s interval from 30%-100% on one side at a time for 6 hours at a time. The non pulsing side runs constant 30%. Will this adversely affect the wavebox funciton?

I have no sps, only lps and softies.

thanks, I want to order a wavebox but would like to know that I can benefit from it.

rvitko
12/20/2006, 04:17 PM
The wave could reach a height of 2", to be effective you will want to allow for at least a 1" wave.

You can integrate the Streams with the wavebox but I generally don't. You can connect the wavebox to the multicontroller and use interval mode so the pumps run and then the wavebox and they take turns. Pumps running opposed to the wavebox reduce wave height very slightly.

ebb
12/20/2006, 05:12 PM
can the wave be adjusted, with a 2 inch wave I will be splashing all over the floor. Or does 2 inch wave mean only 1 inch rise from existing water level?

rvitko
12/22/2006, 10:45 AM
You can adjust the height but if you do not have room for at least a 1" wave the effectiveness would be not enough to justify the expense. Sorry for the late response, I had a bad hamburger on Tuesday and just got back to work.