PDA

View Full Version : Power failure to the DC8 only on a Jr.

David Grigor
12/20/2006, 04:46 PM
What is the expected behavoir for this scenerio.

DC8 is plugged into a seperate outlet than the Jr. main processor.

DC8 looses power then comes back on, but the Jr. processor never lost power.

It seems that everything stays off on the DC8, in particular the always on ( if time > 0 then on ) don't start back up as expected.

I'm guessing that since the Processor portion never lost power that it doesn't know it needs to resend the power on signal to the DC8. I'm assuming that if there were off/on statments that they would eventually turn back on when the Jr. process says to.

So until I unplug the Jr. Processor, I can't seem to get the always on stuff to start.

If Jr. Processor and DC8 are on the same circuit then I'm sure this is a non-issue.

Will this scenerio be covered once the powerfail commands are available in the Jr. firmware ? or perhaps the firmware is already release, I honestly haven't check just know it is planned.

clp
12/20/2006, 05:40 PM
All of the AquaController's resend all of the control commands at periodic intervals (X10 interval setup in the setup->timer setup menu). The default value is 5 minutes. I suspect that you didn't wait 5 minutes for the state of the DC8 to be refreshed. Within 5 minutes ever device will be in the correct state.

Curt

David Grigor
12/20/2006, 05:43 PM
Okay likely the case. I did feel a bit of panic ...