Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Nixy
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

The NixPack Nano

Posted 07/31/2017 at 10:56 PM by Nixy
Updated 07/31/2017 at 11:02 PM by Nixy

I've been researching salt water tanks off and on since 2003. I first registered with Reef Central in 2005 as NixPack. I have since forgotten my password and no longer have my old email address so I can't access that account.

I've had a Biocube 14, brand new in the box, sitting in my basement since 2009. One thing or another kept us (husband and I), from starting our tank. Two weeks ago I bought a Biocube LED 16 and we started cycling the tank July 22, 2017.

We have added nothing but the live rock and sand and are currently measuring Ammonia which spiked about 5 days into the cycle and is now at zero. I have done no mods to the tank and will take things slowly and see what I may or may not need to change as things progress.

Rocks are starting to change color a bit and it's fascinating to watch this little Eco-system come to life. We've had a few cool hitchhikers and some nasty pests. I feel bad killing the Aiptasia. Yes, I'm a wimp. Next we will be adding a few snails to start cleaning the algae that we are now getting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank Day1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	106

Name:	Tank Day 2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	107

Name:	Tank Day 5aiptasia.jpg