Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > sacremon
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Not exactly what I was planning...

Posted 09/27/2018 at 10:36 PM by sacremon

I recently got a couple Red Sea endemic butterflies, a C. semilarvatus and a C. fasciatus. The original plan was to get a pair of C. semilarvatus from someone that my maintenance guy knew, who has seven in a 700g. He decided not to part with his fish, which I can understand, so I went and got the two that I have from DD. Last week I get a call from my maintenance guy that he a line on a number of C. semilarvatus from an importer and could get them for $70 apiece. These fish normally retail for about four to five times that. I have read that they do better as mated pairs, but there was no way I could assure that getting one additional fish would result in that. He recommended and I went through with ordering three of them. He is presently QTing the fish in a tank he has set up at his shop. They are a little larger than the one I have presently, but no more than an inch larger. We're figuring he'll QT them for at least a month and we will see how they look at that time. He says he hasn't seen any signs of disease, but I don't trust anything not to have flukes these days. They seem to be everywhere.

I could still end up with three of one sex or even all four of the same sex, but the odds are better getting a number of them than rolling the dice with just one. However, if all goes well and the fish integrate into the tank, that is it for what will be in that tank. No more fish than that.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 44475 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments