Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old
Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.

LEDs and PAR/Quantum Meters Part 3: Quantum Sensors and LEDs

Posted 05/02/2012 at 10:17 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr
Updated 06/18/2012 at 07:30 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr

I've finally reached the meat of my blog where I post the stuff that I find myself repeating in multiple threads, continuing from my general thoughts on technologies (Part 1) and the definition of PAR (Part 2).

As before, this blog is as much a place for me to keep my thoughts straight and engender discussion and something to refer to instead of retyping the same material a lot as it is a place to share information.

I'm not even close to being an expert on reef tanks,...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11875 Comments 3 GeorgeMonnatJr is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.

LEDs and PAR/Quantum Meters Part 2: PAR

Posted 05/02/2012 at 09:06 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr
Updated 05/02/2012 at 11:52 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr

This is the middle part of my experiences so far with reef aquarium lighting continuing from my general thoughts on technologies (Part 1) with the end goal of how I measured my LEDs (Part 3).

As before, this blog is as much a place for me to keep my thoughts straight and engender discussion and something to refer to instead of retyping the same material a lot as it is a place to share information.

I'm not even close to being an expert on reef tanks, yet (maybe in a...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10352 Comments 7 GeorgeMonnatJr is offline Edit Tags
Old

LEDs and PAR/Quantum Meters Part 1: Technologies

Posted 05/02/2012 at 08:59 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr
Updated 05/02/2012 at 11:32 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr

This three-part blog article is a summary (after some introductory information) of my experiences reading PAR values of LED aquarium fixtures and how to take and adjust them. This blog is as much a place for me to keep my thoughts straight and engender discussion and something to refer to instead of retyping the same material a lot as it is a place to share information.

I'm not even close to being an expert on reef tanks, yet (maybe in a couple of decades), and I'm not a biologist...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2318 Comments 0 GeorgeMonnatJr is offline Edit Tags