Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > IridescentLily
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

I don't know what to do

Posted 07/26/2012 at 08:13 PM by IridescentLily

I have a bad byropsis and cyano problem now.
I've tried everything. I'm at a loss as far as what else to try to fix these thungs.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 35251 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. New Comment
    I feel your pain Abril, I would suggest a 50% water change back to back and turn the rocks over so the light doesn't get to them, that will stop the bryopsis, cut down on feeding as well and change your lamps over the tank for new bulbs, this will help the cyano, however to beat cyano you need to run phosban in a sock dropped in your cube for 1 day only then change it the next day and then the next to ensure there is no phos in the tank, don't run carbon whilst your doing this and cut down your light on times to just 6 hours a day when the new bulbs (lamps) have been replaced, let me know when you have done this and I will guide you through the next stage, I have been there and know it is horrible and difficult, but it can be beaten following a strict routine of maintenance

Kind Regards

your friend Mike
  2. New Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Michael View Comment
    I feel your pain Abril, I would suggest a 50% water change back to back and turn the rocks over so the light doesn't get to them, that will stop the bryopsis, cut down on feeding as well and change your lamps over the tank for new bulbs, this will help the cyano, however to beat cyano you need to run phosban in a sock dropped in your cube for 1 day only then change it the next day and then the next to ensure there is no phos in the tank, don't run carbon whilst your doing this and cut down your light on times to just 6 hours a day when the new bulbs (lamps) have been replaced, let me know when you have done this and I will guide you through the next stage, I have been there and know it is horrible and difficult, but it can be beaten following a strict routine of maintenance

Kind Regards

your friend Mike
    Thank you so much Mike!
    I hope i don't jinx myself by saying they look much better. I tried chemi clean too amongst the other suggestions.
    I should take pictures of the difference as the days go along.
    We have also been raising the magnesium 20ppm per day to get to 100ppm, this is supposed to strangle out the byropsis. I'm also doing the above things, and also manually removing as much as i can. It helps much to know that others have been tis frustrated too.
    Posted 08/06/2012 at 07:41 PM by IridescentLily IridescentLily is offline