Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > System configuration and fish for my two tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hardware components of my two primary tanks and some of the fish I keep
Rate this Entry

Requesting help with PAB

Posted 04/27/2011 at 07:09 PM by snorvich
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:14 PM by snorvich
Tags profilux

IF you have PAB power bars they do not plug into S1S4, they plug into PAB ports. On the back of your profilux you have two PAB ports and on the power bar there is a PAB port, the cable (RJ45 which is standard cat5e cable) plugs into this.

From the very first part of the manual
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...n_PAB_V500.pdf

"1 Connection
Devices with ProfiLux Aquatic Bus – in short PAB – are connected to the corresponding RJ45 sockets at the ProfiLux 3. Several PAB devices are so to say daisy-chained. This means that the first PAB device is connected via a PAB connection cable with one of the PAB ports of the ProfiLux 3. The next PAB device is either connected to the free PAB port at the ProfiLux 3 or at the free PAB port of the preceding PAB device. A further PAB device is then connected to free PAB port of the preceding PAB device and so on. Also several ProfiLux computers can be connected to this bus. The last PAB devices therefore have always one free PAB port."

Please have a look at the link I sent you all will be clear.
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...n_PAB_V500.pdf[/QUOTE]
Posted in Profilux
Views 16608 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments