Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > CRMangrove
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

My Build

Posted 03/28/2013 at 08:40 PM by CRMangrove

This tank is a reward for quitting smoking but I have a feeling this may be more expensive.

I guess I will start with my story as it pertains to marine aquariums. This will be my first salt setup but not my first tank. I spent years in frsh water and planted fresh water. I have been reading and researching salt for about 12 years on and off. I have helped others with DIY on reef tanks, frag tanks, custom lighting hoods, sump builds, and other stuff. But with all of this reasearch and experience I am smart enough that this only means I am a newbie and still have no experience reef keeping. I should make this point again.

I am a newbie and have no reef experience!

On to the main build details,
Main Tank: 24X24X24
Mangrove Tide Tank: 24X24X16 rimless
Sump: 24X12.5X25

The general idea is the main and sump will run as normal but every six hours the Mangrove tank tide will change. I know this will take a controller cycling it's feed pump and a multistage overflow/return for this tank. Anyway This will all be housed in one stand aprox 48 wide 72 tall. The mangroves will have about 3' grow room inside their compartment. I will post pictures as I go and I have some other cool ideas/tricks that will be revealed as I go.

I look forward to comments, questions, and guidance of all on this site.

First trip of many to Home Depot. Just to get me started.
10, 2X4X8, $32.40
1, Kilz Paint Gallon, $18.44
1, Box of 2.5" Screws, $8.47
2, 3/16", 4X8' Hardboard , $27.96
1, 22/32 4X8' Playwood, $30.45

A first total of $117.72
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6248 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments