Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Greenmako and families new reef adventure. After a long vacation from reef keeping, we are at it again.
Unread

The Tank --first pic's

Posted 03/31/2014 at 02:22 PM by makoJ (A Texas Reef Exposed)

The tank will be installed this Friday and got some sneak peak images of it being built.

[IMG]http://www.greenmako.com/Aquariums/Bruce-20/i-x9zDG2G/0/L/tank1-L.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.greenmako.com/Aquariums/Bruce-20/i-FCdXP8p/0/L/tank2-L.jpg[/IMG]

Excited!
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 24524 Comments 0 Go to first new comment makoJ is offline Edit Tags
Unread

The Stand

Posted 03/23/2014 at 08:39 PM by makoJ (A Texas Reef Exposed)

I called up my reefer friend from a long time ago,Pete, and asked if he could build me a custom stand from afar. He put me in touch with his friend who happened to live close to me and who was handy with welding. We were going to have Pete cover the metal with wood panels similar to Elos stands, but when my wife saw the metal she wanted to keep it visible. So I asked Pete to see if he could flush in the doors to the metal which he is in the process of making now.

Just after picking...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 31519 Comments 1 Go to first new comment makoJ is offline Edit Tags
Unread

The Plan

Posted 03/23/2014 at 08:28 PM by makoJ (A Texas Reef Exposed)
Updated 03/23/2014 at 08:42 PM by makoJ

My wife and I took a long break after our 300 gallon was taken down in 2009. Contacted my friend John at Capital Aquariums in Austin and we planned out the adventure. The new tank is not here but will be in the next coming weeks.

A custom Rimless/Trimless DSA tank:
Dimensions will be 64" x 20" x 21" with a starphire front. It will also have a custom overflow with two returns in back panel.

We want a minimalistic reef, a few fish and some nice...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21152 Comments 1 Go to first new comment makoJ is offline Edit Tags