Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Starting my ocean with 66 gallon Reef Tank

Posted 12/31/2012 at 07:42 AM by Tevosyan
Updated 01/03/2013 at 07:42 AM by Tevosyan

My name is Aksel I am from Republic of Armenia.
I decided to start this blog to share my feelings and to receive your comments and advise.
I started keeping marine fish 3 months earlier in order to have nice piece of "furniture" in my apartment, and I start with 20g small tank with several fish and live rock. But soon my marine world becomes a part of my life and it is gaining more and more importance for me, taking me to a quite another universe.
I didn't knew anything...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2829.jpg
Views:	3440
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	75  
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16687 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Tevosyan is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Dear blog,

Posted 12/30/2012 at 09:14 AM by hogpark7430

Dear blog I am leaving you! I have found a new social media that loves me back, and doesn't complain if I leave the lid up.

Goodbye
[this status is for rent]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16098 Comments 0 Go to first new comment hogpark7430 is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Lost a fish in QT

Posted 12/29/2012 at 10:29 PM by ACBlinky

Woke up this morning to discover that the tiny damsel, which I researched and discovered to be Pomacentrus bankanensis, was dead on the bottom of the QT. Poor little guy, he was less than an inch long, just a baby.

I did a 50% water change yesterday, and the fish seemed to appreciate it, but maybe the stress was too much for the little damsel. The others are doing very well.

The kole has been hiding in a PVC tube, but this morning she decided that she'd come out in...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22992 Comments 0 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags
Unread

New fish in QT

Posted 12/26/2012 at 11:36 PM by ACBlinky

I haven't updated in a while...
We took the two clowns, yellow goby and hawkfish out of the QT (there seemed no reason to keep them there, they were never ill) and added them to the reef.

Then today we braved the insane boxing day crowds and went to the closest 'LFS' an hour away for their annual sale. We bought three buckets of Reef Crystals -- I've been using IO until now, but with all the hard corals in the tank I figured for $10 more a bucket it's worth it for the extra...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10192 Comments 0 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Update

Posted 12/06/2012 at 07:12 PM by ACBlinky

Well unfortunately the kole tang died a couple days ago in QT, not entirely sure why. The other four fish seem well, though the longnosed hawk won't take anything but frozen food.

The main tank has so many pods, it's just incredible. Tiny pinhead sized isopods on the glass near the sand, a few large amphipods in the rocks, and about seven zillion 1/8" pods (iso, amphi, cope, I have no idea). The cleaner shrimp walks over the rocks and the 'pods part like the Red Sea, and rejoin...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9875 Comments 0 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags