Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Rate this Entry

Friends

Posted 03/08/2010 at 12:53 AM by superkat

It never ceases to amaze me the paths our lives take...and what we find along the path. It reminds me a lot of when i do my springtime gardening...and then maintain that garden all year long...because even in the winter...there is still growth...we just don't see it.

When i work in my two english gardens....i pull out the things that are dead, which gives more life to the things that are thriving. Because if you leave that death in your beautiful garden, it not only impairs the growth of the things that are alive, it also deters people from commenting on how beautiful your garden is. I like to think of my friends as the most beautiful part of my personal garden...my life. Today, i spent laughing...with a friend that came my way through a most unexpected series of events...and i haven't laughed that hard in months and when you think about that, about what's important in your life...what things are too complicated to deal with...what things are simply a distraction....you start to focus on what is truly important to your success and to your continued movement forward, upward...beyond..to new horizons....and that, is what friends are for. You keep the beautiful. You lose the weeds. It's really that simple....so....some quotes:

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out"
-Walter Winchell

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
-Benjamin Disraeli

"Choose your friends carefully you never know who is on your side, and remember the truth shall prevail. "
-LINK

...truth and tears clear the way to a deep and lasting friendship...just has hard work and a little sweat clear the way to a beautiful garden.....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9697 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments