Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Radion, MP10, Apex, RODI and more

Posted 10/11/2014 at 09:29 AM by ibjj

Date on the mp10 and how old is the Apex?
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15081 Comments 1 Go to first new comment ibjj is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Free Chaetomorpha Algae New tampa

Posted 10/04/2014 at 06:34 PM by luamada

[QUOTE=bigzman;23150474]Trimming down my basketball sized Chaeto Algae. I have about 5 gallon bucket worth. Lots of pods. Frags are welcomed :-).[/QUOTE]
do you still have it please. i would love some. thank you
lu
Love saltwater fishes...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18627 Comments 0 Go to first new comment luamada is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

GFO and Algae

Posted 10/04/2014 at 12:04 PM by Sk8r

Do you need GFO: how to use it...RE PHOSPHATE AND ALGAE PLAGUE
Granulated Ferrous Oxide is, in effect, rusty iron pellets made porous, specifically to sop up and hold phosphate out of your water.

Rock, sand, and tapwater all contribute phosphate to your tank, and algae loves it...especially hair and film algae. Some rock is worse than others in this regard---but it can be some of the prettier rock. And 'new' rock goes through a period when it starts slowly 'leaking' phospate...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22835 Comments 3 Go to first new comment Sk8r is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Transition sale

Posted 09/19/2014 at 08:14 PM by luamada

[QUOTE=josephv;23107599]Red mushrooms didn't do well in the move. finger coral is available. The rest of my live rock is $2 a pound and Im selling the rest of my hammer. Ii was going to hold on to them but with all the sps comming I'll need the room. 1 colony has 10 heads for$40 and the other has 19 heads $60. Clowns love to host in the hammer.[/QUOTE]
i am interested please
Love saltwater fishes...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18444 Comments 0 Go to first new comment luamada is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Buy some purple hornet zoanthids and contribute to the PIJAC Aquatic Defense Fund

Posted 09/19/2014 at 07:47 PM by luamada

[QUOTE=Postal;23098608]See below for details on how the TBRC and FAOIS are helping to raise money for this important cause.

FAOIS' DEAL OF THE WEEK: Purple Hornet Zoanthid, $8 per polyp!! CASH ONLY and a limit of 5 polyps per person.

THE IMPORTANT PART: $5 from the sale of each polyp will be donated to PIJAC's Aquatic Defense Fund. The Tampa Bay Reef Club (TBRC) has teamed up with FAOIS to defend our hobby and, as a BONUS, will match the funds generated up to $400!...
Love saltwater fishes...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16954 Comments 0 Go to first new comment luamada is offline Edit Tags