Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Rate this Entry

Recovery

Posted 03/19/2010 at 01:47 AM by superkat

When the weather starts to get warmer...the ground is softer...you can get into the dirt...grab it, move it...and transplant what you thought was dead to a different place...wondering, how did you grow under the coldness? How did your roots manage to dig through the frozen ground? How did you survive. I thought about this today as I uncovered Lambs Ear and had enough to plant three new areas with this plant that i have come to love...because of the softness of its leaves. I thought about how simple it is, how completely natural it is for another of God's creations, to continue to grow and to spread its beauty even in the most unkind environment. And I thought...if a plant can do that, why is it so hard for human beings to accomplish this? Call me crazy (many do), but as I listen to this song that was sent to me by my dear friend, Michael, that I have posted here in this blog, I think about the words very intently. That life is a gift. But we go through life saying, "something is still missing." However, if a plant can survive through the winter of its life, why is it so hard for us to do the same? If something is missing...maybe it's not from "without" but from "within".

So I'm going to stop asking what's missing. Instead I'm going to start the springtime of my life...and continue to thrive, to grow and even in the midst of what appears to be a desolate and harsh environment...nothing is missing if I can still show the best of what I am under the sunshine of better seasons.

"Is there room on the list for someone who needs to see proof that you exist....."

Absolutely.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9775 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments