Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

It's picture time!

Posted 11/29/2012 at 04:07 PM by ACBlinky

Okay fair warning, they're low quality pictures from my blackberry, but... everyone loves pictures even if they're fuzzy, right?

Fish are here, hanging out in the QT. I got a pair of ocellaris clownfish, a yellow watchman goby, a longnose hawkfish and a kole tang.

The QT is being treated with Cupramine and the fish will be in copper at therapeutic levels for six weeks (unless they get sick!)

The display is doing well. I moved a couple of rocks around...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 23405 Comments 1 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Curiouser and curiouser

Posted 11/23/2012 at 09:05 PM by ACBlinky

Haven't updated in a while, so I think I should post about my recent adventures!

We went to the far-away LFS again, where I picked up 5 more turbo snails, two emerald crabs and a skunk cleaner shrimp.

The algae situation continues to amaze and baffle me. The Bryopsis is GONE, we have some patches of fuzzy green stuff that the turbos keep nicely mowed, and something that grows lightening fast and looks like lettuce leaves. The snails ADORE this stuff, so even though...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10203 Comments 0 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Hello

Posted 11/14/2012 at 03:46 PM by hogpark7430

Well I quit talking to myself (did a 12 step). I think I my be Blogging wrong.
[this status is for rent]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15668 Comments 0 Go to first new comment hogpark7430 is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Sorry for the delay!!

Posted 11/11/2012 at 05:17 PM by sweetyness (55 Gal Uniquarium Build)

I am so behind on my tank build!! I've been busy and trying to find time to get caught up-getting the photos reduced and on my server seems to be the biggest time-hog

But I'm tackling it now since I just swapped tanks and have the new one set up. Wish me luck! ~Jana
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 32222 Comments 1 Go to first new comment sweetyness is offline Edit Tags
Unread

First water change

Posted 11/09/2012 at 10:47 PM by ACBlinky

Today I did what my husband calls 'playing with the aquarium'. Pulled stubborn bits of algae off the rocks, turkey basted the rockwork, re-adjusted the powerheads to remove detritus more effectively, and when the dust settled I decided to do a water change.

I wouldn't normally vacuum the sand, but last week I made one hell of a mess with my diatom filter -- I wanted to polish the water, but ended up accomplishing the opposite by accidentally spewing diatomaceous earth all over the...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9116 Comments 0 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags