Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > luamada
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Deciding start over? Buy another tank? Used or new?

Posted 09/09/2013 at 12:24 PM by luamada
Updated 09/11/2013 at 02:13 PM by luamada

I need your help
I have been reading all the post in here to learn as much as possible about this hobby and now I come to conclusion and need your help to see if you agree with me. Here is my situation and my history.

Aptasia:
I am done fitting them and want to either sell my tank to someone for fish only thank with my fishes I have listed several times but when they call me on it I cannot get myself to sell them. So I guess my only hope will be to start fresh and then move my fishes there.

..? Should I get a temp tank (which I could buy used for $500 or borrow a 55G from a friend but it is empty and it was a reptile tank so it does not have the filtration system) and move my fishes in there then fix my tank (run chlorine on it for 3 days) clean the tank than put fresh salt water with a dechlorinator on it for another 2 days then redo my rocks with dead rocks which I was planing on putting salt water in a container and running it with a few days with dead shrimp to get the new rock to start the bacteria process while I am fixing my tank. How long does it take for a rock to be reef ready if it is dry rock now? Is this something that I can hope to get my tank running and fixed?

I really want to start with dead rock. I have bought about 80 pounds so far and was thinking about starting to put them in a big garbage container and adding water to them and the dead shrimp. Please advise
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7426 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments