Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Divorce sucks

Posted 05/16/2012 at 09:53 AM by bigevill1

My wife filed for divorce last week. I am going to try to buy her out of her share of the house and keep the tank, but its future is in doubt. I may have to down size at the least to help control my bills.....
Big and Evil
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 30835 Comments 2 Go to first new comment bigevill1 is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Area 51 is getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger

Posted 05/15/2012 at 12:05 AM by IridescentLily

I'm SO glad i was able to get my tank lighting to a a good balance. A sweet spot where my trachyphyllia Radiata (who we call 'Area 51') is no longer bleaching and pulled in, yet still have the higher light needs met for the other 90% of my softy, lps and sps corals.
Well, i was successful and now the radiata is doing a very quick turn around. When a coral is healthy again, it starts to grow, the colors are more vibrant, and the polyps are let out, puffy, and relaxed.
So is Area...
Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27293 Comments 2 Go to first new comment IridescentLily is offline Edit Tags
Unread

My own little lazaretto

Posted 05/11/2012 at 02:38 PM by Spaced Cowboy
Updated 05/11/2012 at 02:44 PM by Spaced Cowboy
Tags build

Wow! was it really over a month ago that I last posted here!

Ok, well things have been happening, but just much more slowly than before. Before I started stocking the tank, I wanted to get a quarantine system up and running, and that took longer than I thought it would.

The plan was to use the garden shed as the location (since we're, ahem, space constrained) and I thought I'd set up another identical auto-water-change/topoff system as I have on the main tank, so that...
South Bay Reefer
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21286 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Spaced Cowboy is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.

LEDs and PAR/Quantum Meters Part 3: Quantum Sensors and LEDs

Posted 05/02/2012 at 10:17 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr
Updated 06/18/2012 at 07:30 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr

I've finally reached the meat of my blog where I post the stuff that I find myself repeating in multiple threads, continuing from [URL="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=517"]my general thoughts on technologies (Part 1)[/URL] and [URL="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=518"]the definition of PAR (Part 2)[/URL].

As before, this blog is as much a place for me to keep my thoughts straight and engender discussion and something to refer to instead...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 64802 Comments 3 Go to first new comment GeorgeMonnatJr is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 70 votes, 5.00 average.

LEDs and PAR/Quantum Meters Part 2: PAR

Posted 05/02/2012 at 09:06 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr
Updated 05/02/2012 at 11:52 AM by GeorgeMonnatJr

This is the middle part of my experiences so far with reef aquarium lighting continuing from [URL="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=517"]my general thoughts on technologies (Part 1)[/URL] with the end goal of [URL="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=519"]how I measured my LEDs (Part 3)[/URL].

As before, this blog is as much a place for me to keep my thoughts straight and engender discussion and something to refer to instead of retyping the...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 74277 Comments 7 Go to first new comment GeorgeMonnatJr is offline Edit Tags