Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

Unread

Hmmm, water chemistry and salt mixes

Posted 12/16/2009 at 11:20 AM by maysorum

I've been having a compelling conversation with Randy about my high Magnesium and low Alkalinity issues. Check out the thread for background details: [URL="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1758257"]Water parameters and dosing[/URL].

In short, I'm using the old bag of salt to make 5 gallons of water. I'll test the parameters and report back. I'm hoping the the salt shows that it is deficient in Magnesium and high in Alkalinity. If so, I'll use this salt...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 23505 Comments 3 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Rant for the day

Posted 12/15/2009 at 11:56 AM by insane

My pretty white sand is all brown! Wah wah wah.

Red slime is all over my pretty rock! Wah wah wah.

I have hair alage! Wah wah wah.

If these people would do more reading and learning and less time crying about these things then they wouldn't be bothering everyone constantly because they would have known what to expect from the start of reefing.

Here's another good one.

My tank is one week old but every fish and coral I put...
Moved On
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 30787 Comments 5 Go to first new comment insane is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Today: BRS 2 part mixing and dosing

Posted 12/15/2009 at 11:31 AM by maysorum
Updated 12/15/2009 at 11:43 AM by maysorum

I just received my first package of BRS's 2-Part and will begin mixing and dosing later today. It seems like a really simple way to get tank chemistry perfect (keeping my fingers crossed).

I already know that I need to adjust alkalinity quite a bit and will probably do that over many days. I'm going to double and triple check my levels before starting dosing, though.

On another note, I've finally settled on the calcium reactor and accompanying equipment. Here's my list:...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9510 Comments 0 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Another article...

Posted 12/15/2009 at 11:05 AM by maysorum

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/15/coconut-carrying-octopus_n_392564.html"]Coconut Carrying Octopus[/URL]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8725 Comments 0 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Interesting article...

Posted 12/13/2009 at 10:37 PM by maysorum

check it out:
[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendy-gordon/below-the-radar-rising-oc_b_386303.html"]Below the Radar: Rising Oceanic CO2 Levels Threatens Sea Life[/URL]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9278 Comments 0 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags