Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

Unread

Faux Anemone

Posted 12/23/2011 at 10:23 PM by Aaarrrggg (Aaarrrggg's 144g Half Circle Dream)

Crikey has it really been 2 weeks?! A local reef club member and I have been working on the watercharge system this week... well, I mean he has been working on it and I've been bothering him. I need to take some more piccies, but I'll be back with a big update about that soon.

In the meantime I had fun with a little experiment...
I saw a thread a while back where someone asked if clowns might take a fake anemone as a host. Most of the responses came back "no,"...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8591 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Aaarrrggg is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Photography

Posted 12/22/2011 at 09:45 PM by Misled

Something else about me, I'm an avid photographer. While I hang out most of the time in the lounge, the photography forum is my second home. While I shoot Nikon, I'm a fan of other brands as well, and will end up with some Canon stuff sooner or later. You can always question me here or over there. Here's a couple of my threads that have been going on over the years.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1437130

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1669939...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8596 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Misled is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Jesse's Little Corner of The World

Posted 12/22/2011 at 08:16 PM by Misled

First a bit about me. I'm 54 years old and have been in the salt water hobby for about 24 years now. Started back in 87 with a fish only and moved to reef in the early 90's.
The present tank is a 54 corner. It's been through a few changes over the last 4 years. It started as a well mixed reef. This lasted about three years. I added an anemone for my pair of clowns. At around the same time, my 16 inch toadstool figured it was too heavy and started dropping offspring. I gave them away as fast...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6527 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Misled is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

BigE's 210 gallon reef

Posted 12/21/2011 at 09:13 AM by bigevill1

So here is my first post about my 210 gallon reef tank. I have been thru some major issues with the tank in the last few years from red bugs and AEFW to mysterious deaths of all of my LPS, to two bouts of Oodinium that wiped out all of my fish except for my 9 year old purple tang (he is a beast). I finally have the tank restocked and seemingly problem free, until I noticed recently that some of my SPS (mostly acros) have begun to receed some. Now I need to find out whats going on there. it better...
Big and Evil
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 38878 Comments 3 Go to first new comment bigevill1 is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Iowa...Beyond The Corn Fields

Posted 12/20/2011 at 11:58 PM by slovan

I just realized I am one week shy of being in the hobby for 8 years! I started my reefing adventure with 2 good friends of mine. Actually I was getting ready to set up a 90 gallon cichlid tank at the time and they were starting reef tanks. With zero knowledge of saltwater, I was hesitant to jump in with them. They finally talked me into it and introduced me to RC. As they say, the rest is history.

I can honestly say I have gone through more tanks than most people in the same...
Gold Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9695 Comments 0 Go to first new comment slovan is offline Edit Tags