Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Builds
Unread

Seapug's 200 Gallon Marineland DD Peninsula

Posted 12/30/2011 at 03:10 PM by seapug

After 5 years of service that provided me moments of joy and tears, frustrations and successes along with moments of incredible beauty as well as complete disgust, it had become time for my old 90 gallon to retire.

Hasty setup decisions made early on had started to come back to bite me (plumbing, bad stand) and my tank was starting to show signs of what is commonly referred to as "Old Tank syndrome." Though the tank was algae free and generally stable and healthy, the...
Registered Member
Posted in Tank Logs, Builds
Views 72136 Comments 0 Go to first new comment seapug is offline Edit Tags
Unread

How to set up a gyre with powerheads

Posted 06/10/2011 at 12:36 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)

If you're only going to run two initially I set them up in a gyre. Since you want the right side clear for viewing, mount one pump on the right side of the back pane as close to the corner as you can and aim it towards the center of the front pane. Put the second pump on the left pane of glass as close to the front of the tank as you can and aim it towards the center of the back pane. You want to push the water across the tank, along the glass to the next pump, and repeat to create a wide circular...
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 42553 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Tanks

Posted 10/07/2009 at 05:26 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:28 PM by snorvich

I have two primary aquaria: a 350 gallon tank in the family room and a 240 gallon tank in the kitchen. Both tanks are custom made acrylic tanks with filtration in the basement. Both tanks are controlled with a Profilux controller on a local area network.
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 104995 Comments 3 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Lighting on my Aquaria

Posted 10/07/2009 at 05:17 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:22 PM by snorvich

I am converting all of my tanks to LED. In my 8 foot 240 gallon tank, I have seven Aqua Illumination SOL Blue lights which are controlled by a Profilux controller. In my 350 gallon 30 inch deep tank I am using 3 Pacific Sun fixtures, again controlled with Profilux.
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 48073 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Calcium Supplementation

Posted 10/07/2009 at 04:13 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:28 PM by snorvich

I formerly used aquacare calcium reactors. However I am converting to dosing 3 part with a GHL slave doser. I selected the slave doser although the tank is Profilux controlled because the dosing vats are in the basement
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 45374 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags