Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Spaced Cowboy
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

Rate this Entry

Media Frenzy

Posted 09/17/2011 at 11:21 PM by Spaced Cowboy
Tags build

I'm waiting around for an online order to come in so I can actually finish the plumbing, so I thought I'd put in the media chambers (for carbon and GFO). This is the first use of the manifold

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.0x0000ff.com/imgs/fishtank/media-filters.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.0x0000ff.com/imgs/fishtank/media-plumbing.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

The center-brace just overhangs the sump, so the plan was to mount the media containers on the center-brace, drill a hole through the brace to supply the water for each container, and just drain vertically downwards (through a pipe, of course) into the sump. I hung the media-container-spanner on the vertical, so it'll always be close-to-hand...

The second photo shows the other side, where one of the media-containers is linked up - I have to go to Home Depot for some more Murlok fittings to link up the other one. The piping is so rigid it can't be bent in tight angles, so I'm using the angled connectors to link things up. Once I have everything linked up properly, I'll straighten it all up and make it look pretty

It's not obvious from the photo, but there's actually a ball-valve that will go onto each of the supply-pipes to the media-containers. This will allow me to fine-control the gph of water through each container.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8539 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments