Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

GHL Mitras LED @ $849

Posted 10/28/2014 at 09:04 AM by AQD_ottawa (Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute)

GHL Mitras LED will be enjoying a massive price cut for three weeks

[url]http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2452898[/url]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 128961 Comments 0 Go to first new comment AQD_ottawa is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Showpiece fish in your tank---good idea? or not?

Posted 10/25/2014 at 11:35 AM by Sk8r

Serial killer fish in your tank...what triggers them?
I kind of wince when I hear the phrase 'showpiece fish'. Most tend to be of a pushy species, and if you don't give them enough room...your other fish start disappearing. They don't even have to be that huge a fish---if your tank size makes them feel cramped, they just start adjusting the aquarium population until they feel calmer in the traffic flow. Your other fish, in a healthy tank, just start not reporting for feeding. Sometimes you'll...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14406 Comments 4 Go to first new comment Sk8r is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

When and how to start with corals.

Posted 10/24/2014 at 08:26 AM by Sk8r

When and how to start with corals...
Corals are in a way a responsibility: their collection in the wild likely cannot continue unrestricted: there is already a call for certain ones not to be collected. Communities have taken to aquaculturing them---putting them in lagoons where they can be grown in native waters, rather like farming.

And we can grow them for domestic sale or trade. Certain ones are quite easy to grow and break apart for sale, and if you want to get into this,...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15060 Comments 3 Go to first new comment Sk8r is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Search function Roulette

Posted 10/19/2014 at 03:19 PM by Despairodyne

The search function is really a really handy feature. Most of the questions I've had have been answered many times over.

Ever so often you get some extra bonus information. Like an RC thread on the IM Fusion 30L containing a post which passes along this gem:

[URL="http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/350258-innovative-marine-micro-fusion-30l-review-owners-please-read-this/"]http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/350258-innovative-marine-micro-fusion-30l-review-owners-please-read-this/[/URL]...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7873 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Being unfair to IM

Posted 10/18/2014 at 03:08 PM by Despairodyne

Well, I've been looking at my options to replace the undulated top on my 30L stand. But each time I'm ready to buy the Corian, I get a little mad. I'm going to see if they think the addition of an SR60 mat will solve the issue and if so, will they sell me one.

Undulated is an exaggeration but it's uneven enough that I won't fill the tank as it is now.

I'd like to say I'm done with IM but I want to try their all in one reactor.

And I think I'm going...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7964 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Despairodyne is offline Edit Tags