Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > sacremon
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

0 for 2 or 3 on radiata

Posted 12/06/2010 at 08:40 AM by sacremon

The radiata stopped eating in the LFS QT, and it died about 12 days after that. Likely cause was that the fish was collected too small and got damaged in transit. Chris tells me the collectors for the regions that the radiata come from tend to be fairly indiscriminate, netting what they can without regard to what has been requested in terms of size, or indeed at time, species. He says the distributor has another on hand, and he will get that one in. If that one is in poor shape, I will spare these radiata from death, at least due to me. I will look to go through a larger retailer that perhaps have had the fish on hand for a while, and have somewhat larger specimens.

The volitans and the Ctenochaetus binotatus are now in my tank. The tang is about an inch long, including tail. The volitans is perhaps two inches long, including tail. I tear off small bits of shrimp to put on the feeding stick for him, and one piece gives him a noticeable bulge. I haven't noticed the tang going for the algae, but that might be resolving itself in another way. I finally got some GFO and put it in the reactor along with the carbon. I am starting to see the algae receding, leaving areas of the sand bare. Even the shell of the conch, which had been covered in algae, is now mostly clear of it. Dang those phosphates.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18490 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments