Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

no title, really

Posted 01/29/2013 at 06:59 AM by Avonlea,PA (My Journey into Reefkeeping)
Updated 01/29/2013 at 07:03 AM by Avonlea,PA (added photo)

Alright, so things are progressing along. I* was able to build my stand in just a few days time. I'm in the final stages now; just sanding and prepping for paint. I built my stand based on this one: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213499. Turns out Dustin, the member who built it, now sell plans for it on eBay. It was worth the $14.95 to me. I'm building mine without the side book cases. I'm also holding off on building the top portion for a while, as I won't need it...for a while....
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11130 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Avonlea,PA is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Let it Begin

Posted 01/19/2013 at 06:27 PM by Avonlea,PA (My Journey into Reefkeeping)

About 8 years ago, I decided to get into reef keeping. I set up a 180 gallon tank with a custom stand that I built in my apartment bedroom. It was a work of art, if I do say myself. Then the worse thing ever happened (well, not really...but read on)...I met someone. It was love instantly. I decided to move to Florida to get married, but sadly, my tank could not go with me. It was 98% set up. It was ready for water and live rock.

Well, so is life. Fast forward 8 years and I'm now...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 20260 Comments 2 Go to first new comment Avonlea,PA is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Nasty setback.

Posted 01/14/2013 at 09:53 PM by ACBlinky

Just as soon as the new fish went into the display, they've had to come right back out. Somehow, despite time in the QT with copper, they've managed to contract ich. The yellow tang showed spots first, then the kole and flame broke out the next day.

Spent half a day tearing 2/3 of the reef apart -- good fun, tearing apart nearly a hundred pounds of rock that has been epoxied together -- because despite removing nearly all the water, the darn fish managed to wedge themselves into...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 39842 Comments 2 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Please

Posted 01/04/2013 at 08:31 PM by hogpark7430

BLOG!! Please take me back I am Begging you. I was wrong. the other social media treated me like a cup of soup. I was so wrong to leave you, please take me back.

I promise to put the lid down.
[this status is for rent]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19305 Comments 0 Go to first new comment hogpark7430 is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Pictures!

Posted 01/01/2013 at 09:08 AM by ACBlinky

Happy New Year! Some pictures from this morning...

FTS:

Dendros and urchin

Frogspawn, xenia, Nemo and Marlin
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 36699 Comments 1 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags