Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Tank blew a seal

Posted 04/07/2013 at 08:48 PM by ACBlinky

The title says it all. I was sitting on the sofa with my son; he was watching a cartoon, I was dozing, and the sound of gushing water brought me fully awake. The bottom front seal of the tank blew, and water was spurting and pouring out at an unbelievable rate.

My husband was home, doing some work at his computer. I yelled for help, and he came running. We threw hoses in the tank to drain the water as quickly as possible into the sink and a large bin, and once we had the water out...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 58564 Comments 3 Go to first new comment ACBlinky is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Build lesson #1

Posted 04/06/2013 at 06:46 AM by CRMangrove

Dont build tank stands until you have actual confirmed measurements. Yep thats right a 60 cube advertised 24 suare is in fact not 24 square more like 24.5X24.5X24.75. The bad part is I'm sure I could have found this out somewhere on RC or the net. Plan/Confirm/Read/Re-plan/read again.

Re-building stand frame this weekend.
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17225 Comments 0 Go to first new comment CRMangrove is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Reefs balanced on the head of a pin...

Posted 04/02/2013 at 05:43 PM by Stolireef

As I noted in my first blog entry, I've had my share of ups and downs in this hobby. Someone one described me as a builder rather than a custodian (in the caretaker rather than janitor usage). I think many of us in the hobby fall into my category. In my experience, the result is that we struggle to keep our hands out of the tank. We fiddle, we tweak, we adjust, etc. with few if any noticeable benefits.

I was thinking about my second successful reef tank this week as I was looking...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17945 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Stolireef is offline Edit Tags
Unread

April's Saltwater Tank

Posted 04/01/2013 at 06:45 AM by bnumair
Updated 05/20/2014 at 11:28 PM by bnumair

[url]http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2000378[/url]
Dr. Reef at ur service
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9335 Comments 0 Go to first new comment bnumair is offline Edit Tags
Unread

My Build

Posted 03/28/2013 at 08:40 PM by CRMangrove

This tank is a reward for quitting smoking but I have a feeling this may be more expensive.

I guess I will start with my story as it pertains to marine aquariums. This will be my first salt setup but not my first tank. I spent years in frsh water and planted fresh water. I have been reading and researching salt for about 12 years on and off. I have helped others with DIY on reef tanks, frag tanks, custom lighting hoods, sump builds, and other stuff. But with all of this reasearch...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12153 Comments 0 Go to first new comment CRMangrove is offline Edit Tags