Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > ACBlinky
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

Rate this Entry

Update

Posted 11/02/2012 at 07:42 PM by ACBlinky

Just tracking my progress...

After yesterday's scrub and clean-a-thon, the tank has readable nitrites (barely). To me this is just proof that it's still very young and still quite unstable!

The algae is bizarre; there is Bryopsis, and now some sort of blade-shaped light green algae is emerging, growing at roughly the speed of light. It's rather Caulerpa-like in shape, without the stem/roots (not sure the technical term here). It seems to grow directly from the rock. Some of the 'leaves' are longer and thinner, like Valisnaria plants in FW, some are more rounded, shaped like beaver tails or upside-down teardrops.

I noticed many tiny white dots jumping around -- copepods are starting to populate the glass, near the sand.

The water column looks sort of dusty, not really cloudy, just full of particulates. I think I need to figure out a way to put a filter sock in the sump... or maybe some really fine filter media in the wet/dry area.

I moved things around in the sump, and added a light, so now there's a refugium compartment. All I need is some chaeto and a little sand/rubble, and presto!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9471 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments