Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Preventing ich and disease in new fish

Posted 02/22/2017 at 09:45 AM by Sk8r

The importance of water quality IN QT as an ich preventative.
I'm personally not a fan of medicating in qt in the absence of visible symptoms. The species I keep (smaller species like gobies, blennies, and damsels, basslets, etc) influences this decision: no thin-skinned critters like angels and tangs. So your mileage may vary. Take that into account. Angels, tangs and rabbits are very vulnerable.

However, I am fanatic about water quality 24/7 for new fish. Keeping alk around...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 86152 Comments 1 Go to first new comment Sk8r is offline Edit Tags
Unread

About skimmers: y/n/maybe? Not your swimming pool skimmer...

Posted 02/17/2017 at 10:48 AM by Sk8r

About skimmers: y/n/maybe? FYI And they aren't your swimming pool skimmer...
A skimmer produces skimmate, a brownish watery to dark murky yuck that otherwise is dissolved in your water. It does this by frothing the water, and the more efficient skimmers churn the water into a foam that would stand like meringue in a cup. Do you want this stuff gone? Well, lps and soft coral will consume a bit of it. But unless you have a packed reef, their usage can't compete with a skimmer. And, catch-22,...
RC Mod
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 53413 Comments 1 Go to first new comment Sk8r is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Aqua Hut

Posted 02/13/2017 at 11:23 AM by richard56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgenR8 View Post
My boss buys a ton of stuff from Don. He's got a set up to die for, and everything, I mean everything came from Aquahut. He raves about the service and prices he gets there.
I've been hearing about this store since I got in the hobby, and pretty much daily for the last two years from my boss. With all the good things I've heard, threads like this have kept me from setting foot in the store. Something about a store that refuses to pick up their phone just rubs me the wrong way.
I
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19141 Comments 0 Go to first new comment richard56 is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Ich and how to get rid of it using Chloroquine Phosphate (CP)

Posted 02/12/2017 at 11:06 AM by bnumair
Updated 02/12/2017 at 11:39 AM by bnumair

Please click on the following link for most current discussion on this topic. Thank you
[url]http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2623912[/url]
Dr. Reef at ur service
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 29513 Comments 0 Go to first new comment bnumair is offline Edit Tags