Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > sacremon
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Unread

Yet another snag

Posted 04/30/2010 at 09:55 AM by sacremon

As I mentioned in my first post, our house is about 50 years old. The electrical system is a bit of a mish-mash. The previous owners clearly had some issues with the wiring in the lower level, which is where they had their entertainment system. That portion of the house is grounded, while much of the rest is not (kitchen excepted). They also split out the breaker into two 15 amp breakers instead of a single 20 amp.

At one point I was using a Mag24 as the pump supplying the skimmer....
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10091 Comments 0 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags
Unread

A small snag

Posted 04/29/2010 at 07:21 AM by sacremon

I decided that I needed a little background on my LFS before I told this story. My LFS is not located in a storefront. It started that way, but it was rented space and the building was sold, so the owner had to move. The owner is a young guy, finishing up his college education after having been out in the work force for a while. He lives in a condo in the same county as his parents live, maybe 20 miles away from them. His father is a CFO for some company, so his parents have a nice house, including...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10063 Comments 0 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Bought a tank

Posted 04/25/2010 at 05:50 PM by sacremon

I visited the LFS today to see if the owner had any news on any sales for tanks. He said that both Marineland and AGA have sales throughout the year, usually about four time per year. Today he said that a Marineland sale had just started, and the AGA sale was extended to Tuesday. And the sale on the Marineland tanks/stands was better than he expected. I'm guessing that the economy has not been kind to the marine aquarium trade, as it is luxury for most.

As a result, I was able...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12218 Comments 0 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Scoping out a tank upgrade

Posted 04/23/2010 at 07:43 AM by sacremon

I've had a 125g mixed reef tank running for about two years now. I made some mistakes setting up the tank to begin with, some more correctable than others, and now find myself thinking that I need a larger tank. Therefore I am looking to correct any and all mistakes I made before and try not to make any novel ones this time around.

The theme of the tank was supposed to be Indo-Pacific venomous. I have a Ph.D. in toxicology, so I have a thing for venomous animals (and people confusing...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 42820 Comments 3 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags