Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Blond Naso Tang (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1699119)

imarkspeed 09/01/2009 02:54 PM

Blond Naso Tang

Are they easy to keep and are they good fish?

papareef 09/01/2009 03:15 PM

I have had mine over a year they are pretty easy to keep and a great fish!!!

imarkspeed 09/01/2009 03:24 PM

I getting one soon they look great . What do u feed em?

illal 09/01/2009 03:39 PM

lol ive had like 4 over the past few years from small all the way to large, blonde with streamer, regular ect and they always die on me! i guess i just have bad luck.....

carlosngloria 09/01/2009 04:46 PM

ive had bad luck i tried 2 and lost both. couldnt get them to eat. mean while i have a pbt that ive had over a yr

illal 09/01/2009 04:54 PM

yea same with me! ive got a hippo tang for like 2 years and a purple tang for like a year and a half but cant keep a naso alive long term for the life of me! 6-8 months tops

imarkspeed 09/01/2009 06:30 PM

Ddamn not good I guess

sufunk 09/01/2009 09:21 PM

I've had mine for well over a year and i would say he has definitely been VERY easy. Not a single problem with him fighting or getting picked on and i have him with a blue hippo, orange shoulder and tennenti tang in my 180g.

Eats flake and PE mysis from day one and gave me at least the added bonus of eating all my bubble algae. I was literally at the point of taking out all my lr because of thousands of little bubble algaes in my tank. I added the Blonde naso and within less than a month he had eaten every single piece:confused: Ever since then, i havent seen a single bubble.

mrx66699 09/01/2009 09:26 PM

def very easy I had one for over two years large and ate everything I fed him and was the life of the tank he went with the last tank I sold............. out of all of the past fish this one I missed the most he is still in the tank at my friends house

Ludwigia73 09/01/2009 09:48 PM

As with any fish, depends on where you get him, how he was caught, etc... Remember, reputable source, see him eat at least 2 kinds of food, mysid and norii is a good choice... Am I correct in assuming he's not a cheap fish? I'd think that if you offered to buy a pack of norii, ANY aquarium store would try to feed him in front of you.

imarkspeed 09/01/2009 09:49 PM

Well I see the juvies are ugly . What a size r they are nice and and how big can I get him for my 180?

sufunk 09/01/2009 11:47 PM

Not to be a complete hypocrite but a 180g is kind of small. I realize that I have one in a 180g but i do regret it a little. Dont get me wrong, i LOVE the BN which is why i got it against my better judgement and everything has gone well so far. However, mine is getting close to the point where i can see him outgrowing the tank. He seems perfectly happy and not cramped now but in another year or two, there could definitely be issues.

If you decide to get one(and they are kind of pricey) just realize that there is a VERY good chance he will outgrow your tank and eventually you will have to get him out or upgrade.

imarkspeed 09/02/2009 06:10 AM

Lol I thought of that but I'll get a med one just so it can grow. I dont mind at the end get rid of it or mybe I will lol o well

nemo74 09/03/2009 03:56 PM

I have a blonde Naso I got included with an 180 bowfront I bought last year. I believe this guy had been in the tank a few years before I got him. he is quite large and seems really happy in there, I cant imagine getting rid of him. He doesnt like to eat mysis or brine. He really just eats his nori and thats it. Hes a pretty strong fish considering he went through quite a journey before he got back to our tank. Here are some pics.

nemo74 09/03/2009 04:04 PM

sorry dont know why theyre not loading.

loyalrogue 09/03/2009 08:58 PM

My favorite fish.... period.

To avoid psych problems or stunted growth they are best kept in a 180 or bigger.

Btw, did I mention they are an awesome fish?!?

imarkspeed 09/03/2009 09:31 PM

Well I just got him 4 hours ago and he's already eating brine shrimp like carzy! I'm a proud father!