Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   GHL LED name announced and more (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166822)

AQD_ottawa 05/06/2012 07:47 AM

GHL LED name announced and more

We are pleased to announce the name of the new GHL LED modular lamp units

Coming from the direct translation "Light Is Life" GHL Brings you the

Mitras

More info now

New functions ahave been added to the “light composer” With this tool you can mix all light sources (e.g. channels of your lamps) and see the results as a spectrum graph.

The tool calculates the color temperature in Kelvin and you can then display the absorption curves of chlorophyll and violaxanthin, also the human eyes responsivity can be displayed.

Screenshot of the new ProfiLuxControl 5.1.2.6 (thi is pre release demonstration shot)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...t/composer.jpg

shaggss 05/06/2012 09:49 AM

Wow!

BigAl2007 05/06/2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggss (Post 20221282)
Wow!

Yes and WOW too! This is going to cause a FRENZY of excitement from the GHL fans around the GLOBE! It's great being a part of a GLOBAL community :)

AQD_ottawa 05/06/2012 11:46 AM

More info later in the week before i fly out.

AQD_ottawa 05/06/2012 12:24 PM

To clarify the reason for Violaxanthin

GHL global market is not just reef systems and or fresh water systems, GHL have a massive market throughout Europe in horticulture control. While this is of no great interest to readers on RC as a whole it does show the versitility of the new light unit.

GHL are working with universities in Germany to provide scientifically accurate PAR readings and other interesting data. Everything that will be published will come directly from assured scientific proven research/testing.

jjk_reef00 05/06/2012 02:32 PM

Very cool! I really like the scientific measurement aspect.

Is there any plans to be able to be able to adjust the light schedule differently M-F and Sat, Sun. For me I've always wanted to adjust my lighting around my work schedule.

AQD_ottawa 05/06/2012 02:45 PM

the software will evolve based on user requests as always so your comments will be put forward

BigAl2007 05/06/2012 07:33 PM

One "related" aspect I have always wanted was a "PAR meter" that is part of the GHL family of high quality sensors & probes.

AQD_ottawa 05/07/2012 01:09 PM

we looked into this recently, only using the most relaible and best on the market, plus underwater.

The unit was UK made and certified by the national physics laboratory in Teddington (London)

The cost to GHL was $600 before putting it in a case and building the interface, this gave an expected MAP of just on $1,000

At that point GHL did not deem it marketable as who would on mass pay that?

No point going lower quality as you want to make sure the reading is accurate.

BigAl2007 05/07/2012 02:25 PM

Very good points Michael. Thanks for your input :)

M007 05/08/2012 04:58 AM

Tagging along for more info! :dance:

humaguy 05/29/2012 06:54 PM

any updates?
saw some great footage from Interzoo 12...
love the weather effects...

AQD_ottawa 05/31/2012 08:42 AM

We are waiting for final release info from GHL, I know some distributors have taken pre orders but I do not want to be caught with a bucket full of dealers money which you have sent them and then provide a long delivery date.

Also the Euro is all over the place so I am waiting for final price approval from GHL however i do not forcee any change as it matches the released European price, which considering we have a load of shippig and duty to pay is not bad really!