Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reef Discussion (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   July/August 2017---Reefer of the Month---Horace! (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2644554)

Nanook 07/16/2017 05:15 PM

July/August 2017---Reefer of the Month---Horace!

Outstanding!

What I love most about this hobby is there is always something more you can learn. My fist ever tank of any kind was a very nice SPS tank. Not trying to brag, but it was one of the nicer tanks in central Illinois. Reefcental made that possible. Most of what I know about this hobby was learned here. There is an amazing wealth of knowledge here, and my success in this hobby would never have been possible without it. I have been out of the hobby for several years, but currently in the process of building a new tank, and look forward to sharing that experience with the community.

Another thing I love about this community is the DIY community. I absolutely love DIY projects and there is always a new project someone has posted for me to try. I built nearly all of the main systems of my first tank, including the lights (T5s, halides, VHOs etc), Deltec clone skimmer, carbon/gfo reactors, zeovit reactor, maximod poweheads...and many more I am forgetting. My new tank will sport DIY LED lighting, turf scrubber and likely many others.

Most of all I enjoy helping others be successful in the hobby. While I don't claim to be a professional, I have seen alot in this hobby, and being an active member of this community made it all possible. Thank you ReefCentral!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...da4b45436d.jpg

Nanook 07/16/2017 05:16 PM

Apologies for being a month behind this time around...recovering from surgery and was a bit slower than my usual slow...Nanook:)

Thanks for all you have contributed to making Reef Central what it is.

Description of RC ROTM:

In appreciation and honor of the members that regularly contribute to our discussion forums, we would like to acknowledge a Reefer each month that stands out as exceptional for their outstanding service to others. This person will be selected by the Reef Central Staff, based on their willingness to help others in response to questions, giving advice, and overall disposition. The honoree will be given the Reef Central ROTM tag, that will appear above their avatar and will follow them for one year after being awarded. This will not only demonstrate to others that you have been chosen as a trustworthy source of information, but also as a positive role model for others to emulate. Additionally, we are pleased to upgrade your membership to "premium" for one year.

We look forward to honoring one person, each month, by highlighting them in the Reef Discussion and New to the Hobby Forums. This will include a recent photograph of yourself, or your avatar if you prefer not to show your actual face, along with what you love about the hobby of reef keeping and why you have chosen Reef Central to be your home. Each month the face and paragraph of the ROTM will change, but you can forever hold the honor of knowing that you were one of the chosen few to have earned this title and our respect as a member in great standing.

Best Regards,

The RC Staff

moondoggy4 07/16/2017 05:36 PM

Congrats on being the July ROTM

Horace 07/16/2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 25150798)
Apologies for being a month behind this time around...recovering from surgery and was a bit slower than my usual slow...Nanook:)

Thanks for all you have contributed to making Reef Central what it is.

Description of RC ROTM:

In appreciation and honor of the members that regularly contribute to our discussion forums, we would like to acknowledge a Reefer each month that stands out as exceptional for their outstanding service to others. This person will be selected by the Reef Central Staff, based on their willingness to help others in response to questions, giving advice, and overall disposition. The honoree will be given the Reef Central ROTM tag, that will appear above their avatar and will follow them for one year after being awarded. This will not only demonstrate to others that you have been chosen as a trustworthy source of information, but also as a positive role model for others to emulate. Additionally, we are pleased to upgrade your membership to "premium" for one year.

We look forward to honoring one person, each month, by highlighting them in the Reef Discussion and New to the Hobby Forums. This will include a recent photograph of yourself, or your avatar if you prefer not to show your actual face, along with what you love about the hobby of reef keeping and why you have chosen Reef Central to be your home. Each month the face and paragraph of the ROTM will change, but you can forever hold the honor of knowing that you were one of the chosen few to have earned this title and our respect as a member in great standing.

Best Regards,

The RC Staff

I must say that I am very humbled! I very much appreciate the honor, and will continue to try to help the community. Thank you RC!

Here is my new tank build thread!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ryan Darilek 07/16/2017 09:51 PM

Congrats brother, what an honor!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cincyjim 07/17/2017 05:40 AM

Congrats!!!

Alfrareef 07/17/2017 01:32 PM

Congrats! Always great when "we" get recognition from peers.

GimpyFin 07/17/2017 01:39 PM

Congrats! :beer:

Jmick007 07/26/2017 05:13 PM

Very cool, grats!

Sthomasson72 08/09/2017 11:24 AM

congrats

dodgerblew 08/18/2017 04:46 PM

:thumbsup: congrats

davocean 08/21/2017 10:02 AM

Way to go Horace!

admann99 08/23/2017 04:00 PM

Congrats super nice!!!