Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   MyGHL Issue (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618949)

gw11ucb 01/14/2017 01:04 AM

MyGHL Issue

I setting up my Mitras LX7 and I am having issue with adding the 3 lights to my profile. I was able to download the GHL control center and add the device to it. I entered the MyGHL ID for the device but it will not let me add. Please advise. This is my first GHL product!

Jerel 01/14/2017 09:03 AM

gw11ucb,

Have you connected your master LX7 to your wireless network?

Vinny@GHLUSA 01/14/2017 09:40 AM

Hi there,

As Jerel mentioned, the LX7 should first be connected to your Wi-Fi network. This allows the devices to communicate with our myGHL servers.

Wi-Fi setup instructions can be found here:
https://youtu.be/UEbmPszLqaw

Once you have that completed, you can copy and paste the myGHL-ID number into your myGHL account and verify. There will be a security key generated and displayed in the GCC communications page, right under the myGHL-ID box. Copy and paste that number into the respective box in myGHL and click connect.

gw11ucb 01/14/2017 11:54 AM

I follow that instruction and still have issue. I wonder it is because I am using a Mac but I am using Parallel to access window 8

ReefRockerLive 01/14/2017 12:16 PM

Are you able to Ping the device and get a response?

gw11ucb 01/14/2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive (Post 24909821)
Are you able to Ping the device and get a response?

There was no IP address to ping. Can you ping without IP address? I am able to set up the light schedule using USB port. I have 3 on my tank. I set one as master and the other 2 as slaves.

ReefRockerLive 01/14/2017 12:24 PM

Yes, there is no IP to ping if the device hasn't been connected to your WiFi network. When you log back into the device over USB, you will see the IP address listed in the communications page.

That is the IP to ping.

Jerel 01/14/2017 12:35 PM

gw11ucb 01/14/2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive (Post 24909840)
Yes, there is no IP to ping if the device hasn't been connected to your WiFi network. When you log back into the device over USB, you will see the IP address listed in the communications page.

That is the IP to ping.

I don't think it is connecting to my Wi-fi network. I did exactly what the video said. I must be missing something.

gw11ucb 01/15/2017 12:01 PM

What am I doing wrong? I noticed the bottom is all gray out and I can't check anything. I input my Wi-fi and password and then save and disconnect for 20 second and when I reconnect it did not connect to my Wi-fi. I don't get the IP addres.

ReefRockerLive 01/15/2017 12:30 PM

Those steps in the video were enough to get my units connected. By the way, that greyed out section is normal, it just indicates the status of the WiFi module and myGHL.

Your issue could very well be caused by your wireless network encryption type not being set to WPA2PSK. This has to do with your router settings needing to be checked and possibly changed.
Most routers nowadays already have the encryption type set to WPA2PSK, but yours may just be set to something else.

slief 01/15/2017 01:14 PM

The SSID is the name of your Wifi Network that you would connect to through your wireless devices. In my case it's 2Wire183. Make sure you are entering that correctly and also be aware that the SSID and password/Wifi Key it is case sensitive. Most home wireless networks are WPA/WPA2 but as noted, if your wireless network is not WPA/WPA2/PSK, you will have issues connecting the Mitras to your wireless network. Once you add the SSID and password and save it, trying give the Mitras a few minutes to connect to the network before connecting again to the lights with MyGHL.

gw11ucb 01/15/2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slief (Post 24911428)
The SSID is the name of your Wifi Network that you would connect to through your wireless devices. In my case it's 2Wire183. Make sure you are entering that correctly and also be aware that the SSID and password/Wifi Key it is case sensitive. Most home wireless networks are WPA/WPA2 but as noted, if your wireless network is not WPA/WPA2/PSK, you will have issues connecting the Mitras to your wireless network. Once you add the SSID and password and save it, trying give the Mitras a few minutes to connect to the network before connecting again to the lights with MyGHL.

My router is set up as WPA2-PSK [AES]. I have an option to set up as WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] or WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Which one should it be on?

slief 01/15/2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gw11ucb (Post 24911811)
My router is set up as WPA2-PSK [AES]. I have an option to set up as WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] or WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

Which one should it be on?

Mine which is ATT Uverse is set to WPA-PSK. WPA2-PSK should work as well. You just need to make sure that the password/key you are inputting is correct (case sensitive) and that the SSID is correct.

Also allow it a couple minutes if need be before connecting to it again through GCC. Lastly, it might help to move the fixture closer to your router for the initial connection just in case the Wifi signal is weak. If all else fails, try unplugging the light for 10 minutes and going back through the Wifi setup in GCC.

gw11ucb 01/18/2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slief (Post 24911912)
Mine which is ATT Uverse is set to WPA-PSK. WPA2-PSK should work as well. You just need to make sure that the password/key you are inputting is correct (case sensitive) and that the SSID is correct.

Also allow it a couple minutes if need be before connecting to it again through GCC. Lastly, it might help to move the fixture closer to your router for the initial connection just in case the Wifi signal is weak. If all else fails, try unplugging the light for 10 minutes and going back through the Wifi setup in GCC.

I try that too and still not working :( Any other ideas? Am I stuck with making changes to my light by hooking it up directly to my computer?

Jerel 01/18/2017 07:24 AM

Someone from the GHL USA team should be able to initiate Remote Desktop with you to identify the possible error.

Vinny@GHLUSA 01/18/2017 12:55 PM

Send us an email and we'll get this sorted out:
info@ghlusa.com

gw11ucb 01/20/2017 06:09 PM

My issue is resolve! Thanks to Vinny from GHL. He teamview via my computer and help me set it up. Now that is customer service! I think it might be a great idea to have what you did in writing. I am pretty sure others might have the same issue.

Vinny@GHLUSA 01/23/2017 10:37 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it!

If you ever need anything from us, feel free to give us a shout. :)

gw11ucb 01/23/2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny@GHLUSA (Post 24924555)
Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it!

If you ever need anything from us, feel free to give us a shout. :)

Thanks Vinny! No problem! This just happen. Last night the light came on at 2am nish and I don't think I set it up to turn it on at that time. I checked my setting and noticed I had some setting at 5am and 7am at 0% on the light channel. Anything thought on this?

Vinny@GHLUSA 01/23/2017 03:55 PM

Use the Illumination Run feature to spot any changes in the light schedule. Also, check your simulation settings and see that they are turned off.

jimmy n 04/17/2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny@GHLUSA (Post 24909590)
Hi there,

As Jerel mentioned, the LX7 should first be connected to your Wi-Fi network. This allows the devices to communicate with our myGHL servers.

Wi-Fi setup instructions can be found here:
https://youtu.be/UEbmPszLqaw

Once you have that completed, you can copy and paste the myGHL-ID number into your myGHL account and verify. There will be a security key generated and displayed in the GCC communications page, right under the myGHL-ID box. Copy and paste that number into the respective box in myGHL and click connect.

Does this work for lx 6200 as well? Trying to connect my lights to my new profilux 4. Still have it wirelessly connected to my 3 and want to move the profilux three out of the fishtank room. Thanks:)

Marco@GHLUSA 04/29/2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy n (Post 25050432)
Does this work for lx 6200 as well? Trying to connect my lights to my new profilux 4. Still have it wirelessly connected to my 3 and want to move the profilux three out of the fishtank room. Thanks:)

6200's do not have IP based WiFi, or MyGHL support. They can still be wirelessly controlled from the P3/4 via the PLM-PWC wireless addin-card.

Kris2274 05/05/2017 08:36 PM

I also have issues with the LX7. The wifi is buggy and unable to make anything work without using the cord. I also cannot post on the support forums

gw11ucb 05/14/2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris2274 (Post 25073776)
I also have issues with the LX7. The wifi is buggy and unable to make anything work without using the cord. I also cannot post on the support forums

I find it unreliable too. It was working good for awhile but stop working. I just stick with the cord for now until there is an update. It is a great light! I love it. Heck you need to set it up once and when you like the colors then leave it alone :)