Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS) (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Thank you, WMC Committee!!! (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830653)

Unarce 04/23/2006 09:47 PM

Thank you, WMC Committee!!!

What an opportunity this was. My first marine conference ever, and it happened in our own backyard. I had a wonderful time.

Thank you...

Jeni
Pam
Rachelle
Rian
Arlan
Dan
James
Jerry
Minh
Rich
Robert

...you all did a wonderful job!!!

Best regards,

Karl:bigeyes:

Unarce 04/23/2006 09:50 PM

...and a special thanks to all the Sponsors that exhibited and donated at the event. There were some tremendous "show only' deals to be had. Those that took advantage, scored BIG!!

My biggest regret was that I did not have the time to listen to any of the speakers. WMC had an incredible lineup of industry professionals. I'll be sure not to miss out next time.

FunGuy 04/23/2006 10:07 PM

Here's a repost since the original WMC thread may get deleted soon enough :)

As a paid attendee, I was pretty tired from listening to the speakers, talking to reps/venders and drooling over the raffle items. I know you all put in a lot of time. energy and work into making this happen. Thank you all very much. I hope you guys found some time to have a little fun in between all of the work.

Thanks to the vendors for great stuff at great prices. I also appreciate the speakers for making their way out to share their experiences and knowledge with us.

- Herman

funman1 04/23/2006 10:41 PM

I will second that (or fourth it whatever)
Awesome job, Awsome vendors, Killer raffel prizes!!!

Thanks to all who made this possible.

Maximus 04/23/2006 10:55 PM

WMC rocked! Thanks MARS!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

racrumrine 04/23/2006 11:17 PM

You guys did a great job.

Thanks for everything.

Roy

GreshamH 04/24/2006 01:11 AM

Oustanding job, the MARS WMC comittee put on a top notch show. I hope it happens again next year, you can count me in :D

thereefgeek 04/24/2006 08:29 AM

• Live coral from Mermaid Aquarium: $160
  • Luminarc Mini vent kits from Pacific Garden Supply: $90
  • MH bulbs & Ice Cap ballast from Coral Reef Eco-Systems:$250
  • Lunar cycle auto-dimming LED moonlights from Fishbowl Innovations: $70
  • Tickets for the WMC raffle: $50
  • Helping organize the best marine conference this side of the Rockies in the last 6 years: PRICELESS!

A huge thank you to all the attendees who came out for the show from all over the country, all the exhibitors who provided the eye candy for us to look at and generous donations to take home, all the speakers who never fail to teach us something new, and the planning committee who made this weekend a reality. THANK YOU ALL! :D

CaptiveReefSystems 04/24/2006 09:32 AM

yes, but would you do it again. Speaking as a vendor, it worked for me.

little_d 04/24/2006 10:56 AM

Special thanks to the WMC committee, vendors, exhibitors and the speakers. It was a great event.

Thanks you all.

Anthony

Fragmented 04/24/2006 11:24 AM

The WMC was a wonderful experience for me.

I really enjoyed being on the committee and getting to know all the other committee members. I will miss our regular meetings.

I also would like to thank the attendees, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and the other committee members.

I agree with Rich, it was a priceless experience.

tfp 04/24/2006 11:30 AM

my 1st conference ever and i had a blast! met up with some old friends and ended up shooting the breeze a lot. kudos for everyone involved!

Apon 04/24/2006 11:37 AM

nice jobs folks!

Maximus 04/24/2006 12:01 PM

Sooooooooooo, when and where will WMC 2007 be at?:)

Vintage_Fish 04/24/2006 12:18 PM

I also had GREAT fun; thank you to all involved in making this an awesome experience.

-Sabrina

radiolunatic 04/24/2006 01:18 PM

Thank you, MARS. Great work. I can not wait for the next one.
Great presentation by Mike Palleta.
I got a chance to take a peak at Tim (tfp)'s tank too. The best aquascaping I have ever seen so far. Thanks for the opportunity, Tim.
Great event and hopefully more vendors in the future.

Wee-Reef Master 04/24/2006 01:23 PM

Great job all! I concur with everything already said. I had a blast and am quite grateful!

Maximus 04/24/2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7238012#post7238012 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by radiolunatic
Thank you, MARS. Great work. I can not wait for the next one.
Great presentation by Mike Palleta.
I got a chance to take a peak at Tim (tfp)'s tank too. The best aquascaping I have ever seen so far. Thanks for the opportunity, Tim.
Great event and hopefully more vendors in the future.

Aren't his kids adorable?:) Tim, your tank rocks dude!!

radiolunatic 04/24/2006 02:33 PM

I agree, very adorable kids and they played with my kids too when we visited Tim. My son is now bugging me for the toy that he played at Tim's house. It was nice to meet you also, Maximus. I would love to come by at your place someday also when I am in your area. I think you are in Salinas? I have my garlic supplier down there.

thereefgeek 04/24/2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7237497#post7237497 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Maximus
Sooooooooooo, when and where will WMC 2007 be at?:)
I was thinking someplace sunny and warm near a white sandy beach :D

WMC 2007, Sacramento?

We'll have to wait and see. ;)

GreshamH 04/24/2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7239322#post7239322 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thereefgeek
I was thinking someplace sunny and warm near a white sandy beach :D

WMC 2007, Sacramento?

We'll have to wait and see. ;)

Possiably with diving near by?

MtnDewMan 04/24/2006 08:50 PM

I had a good time at the conference both in the vendor area and listening to all of the great speakers. Thanks to the MARS group for a job well done.

Thanks for having us down and letting us be a part of it.

Chuck
Reef Frontiers

Maximus 04/24/2006 11:07 PM

[QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7238546#post7238546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by radiolunatic
I agree, very adorable kids and they played with my kids too when we visited Tim. My son is now bugging me for the toy that he played at Tim's house. It was nice to meet you also, Maximus. I would love to come by at your place someday also when I am in your area. I think you are in Salinas? I have my garlic supplier down there. [/QUOTE

If you are in the area, you are more than welcomed to come by.

Anthony Calfo 04/25/2006 11:54 AM

Kudos to the committee and the attendees that made this conference truly a success! As one that has attendeed and helped to plan my share of such, I can honestly say it was a very!() fine job for your first (re-annual ;)) big event. It was a yeoman's chore that the committee pulled to coordinainate a 3-day event with so many participants... and it appeared to run so very smoothly :):D

I am certain if/when you hold WMC again you will be rewarded with even greater success.

The other regional clubs/folks especially that missed this event truly missed a good time and really should not miss the next time around. It is so important that we show support for each other (sister societies) in the pursuit of our information gathering/sharing. The late night chat sessions with wise and wiley folks like that iminimatble Bob Fenner are just icing on the cake :p

ReefRian 04/25/2006 12:02 PM

Anthony, thank you so much for speaking at the conference, I was so bummed I didn't get a chance to hear you, maybe next time. Your support was and is greatly appreciated.

Did you make it to Bob's party? I heard you were providing some Chianti? Bob's got to be crazy to invite an entire conference to his room!

Rian