Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   EcoTech Marine (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=501)
-   -   Ecosmartlive down (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2274077)

91mini 03/17/2013 11:27 AM

Ecosmartlive down

I worked all day yesterday on getting a stand for my Radions set up and finally get them plugged in and the Ecosmart live site is down. Does this happen often? I really want to get started!!

Without the program what are the lights set at? With they go from night to day without programming them or will they just stay on constantly?

Good news is I am finally filling my tank with water after 1 year of planning and building.

Tradewinds 03/17/2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91mini (Post 21289446)
I worked all day yesterday on getting a stand for my Radions set up and finally get them plugged in and the Ecosmart live site is down. Does this happen often? I really want to get started!!

Without the program what are the lights set at? With they go from night to day without programming them or will they just stay on constantly?

Good news is I am finally filling my tank with water after 1 year of planning and building.

Looks like it is back up.
http://ecotechmarine.com/esl-status/

91mini 03/17/2013 12:24 PM

That was updated January 15th. Still not up

ReefGoatfish 03/17/2013 12:40 PM

this is a joke , i've been trying to program my lights for 2 months , either it's been down for 2 months , or i have the worst luck going on to esl everytime their down, our club just did a thing on leds, great info, especially on diy, any one whata buy some used -can't control radions ??????????? i may go diy and let my apex control them

91mini 03/17/2013 12:52 PM

Well that's very discouraging. If that is true I would not have paid this kind of cash for lights. Whats the use if I can't use ESL to program?

I would have thought I would see this on the forums though? Anyone else???

ghostman 03/17/2013 01:26 PM

There are tons of threads on this very topic. Please search or look back for more information on what to do when ESL goes down. You only have to look back a few months to get some good information.

91mini 03/17/2013 02:00 PM

I have looked on this forum as well as goole searches and they all say the same thing.

1. Connect with device manager
2. Update firmware
3. Restore factory defaults.

The issue I am getting is when I click on the firmware update I am getting a fatal error message. It retry's a few times but always comes up with a fatal error message. I powered down my lights for 30 seconds, plugged the second light in and tried again. Same message.

kirky88 03/17/2013 03:41 PM

I purchased mine yesterday as my old lighting system completely failed, when i open ecosmart live it states "we are currently experiencing issues that might prevent you connecting to your radions, you can continue to use the site but we suggest you check back later" is this the same error you are getting? I've tried searching for this error but no luck. is there a way around this can i set my lights up any other way?

91mini 03/17/2013 04:09 PM

I have searched and wasted my entire Sunday looking for answers. Hopefully this helps you out.

Although it is nowhere that I seen in the Radion literature there is a desktop utility you can use instead of ESL.

Download the desktop utility. This worked for me.

mfinn 03/17/2013 05:34 PM

I had no problems yesterday or today.

Tradewinds 03/17/2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91mini (Post 21289635)
That was updated January 15th. Still not up

So that webpage is useless. I thought it was the realtime status of ESL and perhaps the last time it went down was 1/15/13.

SteviesReef 03/18/2013 11:37 AM

I have noticed that when I try to go to EcosmartLive with IE, it tells me that the browser is not compatible; if I try with Firefox, it tells me that the website is down and to try back later; and if I use Chrome, it works.

mfinn 03/18/2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteviesReef (Post 21293327)
I have noticed that when I try to go to EcosmartLive with IE, it tells me that the browser is not compatible; if I try with Firefox, it tells me that the website is down and to try back later; and if I use Chrome, it works.

When I use my desktop Windows pc, IE doesn't work, but when I use Chrome, it does.
When I use my Macbook it works with Safari and Firefox.