Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   LPS Keepers (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   Torch Coral showing skeleton (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2667418)

Eliemination 02/11/2018 11:48 AM

Torch Coral showing skeleton

Hi guys,

Yesterday I have bought a torch coral and noticed that it was showing its skeleton when I came to check on it the next morning. Does this mean that the torch coral is eventually going to die? What should I do?

Thanks

Eliemination 02/11/2018 11:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures of the coral.

rvareef 02/11/2018 12:44 PM

post a full tank shot, I wouldnt keep adding lps if you dont know why its dying

Troublekitty 02/11/2018 09:43 PM

I wouldn't worry really. They tend to do this. Mine shrink up when they expel waste, around night time or just being weird.

emilese 02/12/2018 07:40 AM

Give it some time to settle into your tank as well since you just bought it a day or two ago.

Since it it is an LPS coral, how are your calcium, mag, and alk readings? While it's not a difficult coral to keep, it will thrive more with those proper levels.

Eliemination 02/12/2018 01:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Apparently the torch is getting worse. It is starting to lose its tentacles and right now I am seeing the bare skeleton. I bought this guy in a reef show and probably got its septa (bone) injured and is suffering from infection. I believe right now there is nothing I can do. Thanks for the help guys.

Here is my tank :

Tripod1404 02/12/2018 03:24 PM

Please turn of the blue light, cant make anything from all the saturated blue.

nereefpat 02/12/2018 04:19 PM

I can't tell much with all that blue either.

It looks like a wall hammer though.

BClute 02/21/2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliemination (Post 25360385)
Apparently the torch is getting worse. It is starting to lose its tentacles and right now I am seeing the bare skeleton. I bought this guy in a reef show and probably got its septa (bone) injured and is suffering from infection. I believe right now there is nothing I can do. Thanks for the help guys.

Here is my tank :

Is that an elegance coral on the far left of your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonoranReefer 02/24/2018 03:18 PM

When I first brought home my gold torch it receded far back into its skeleton, it still recedes most nights but as much. It fully extends every day now that I have found it is place it is happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oceanfan913 03/09/2018 01:38 PM

My torch used to do that every once in awhile. Would recede and then come back and stretch out after a few days. Hopefully yours is now doing the same and back to normal.

Knuckledragger 03/09/2018 02:56 PM

I have had success using an iodine dip/Lugols solution when there was actual tissue or polyp loss. I usually do the dip once or twice on all my LPS when new also. They are susceptible to tissue damage followed by infection.