Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   EcoTech Marine (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=501)
-   -   EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2064787)

EcoTech Marine 09/01/2011 11:22 AM

EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light

EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light

EcoTech Marine is proud to announce our latest product, the Radion XR30w LED light.

True to EcoTech Marine design standards, the functionality of Radion matches its sleek aesthetic. Created with the most discerning hobbyist in mind, the Radion includes top quality Cree and Osram LEDs and features fully adjustable color and intensity.

The Radion represents what we believe will be the next step for aquarium lighting: a smarter, easier to use, and more energy efficient alternative to existing lighting products. Our hope is that our customers will enjoy the extensive thought and care put into the design of every feature, function, and the distinctive appearance of the Radion.

Radion was purpose-built to be upgradeable both through its modular driver and LED cluster design, modular optics, as well as its USB firmware.

Our goal was to deliver a product with the ability to evolve and get better over time– and not become obsolete. As technology moves forward, the Radion will be upgraded with new functionality in addition to what it has right out of the box.

Radion is an innovative addition to the EcoTech Marine line of VorTech pumps and aquarium products. With advanced features packed into an efficient and stylish product, the Radion is an LED that looks every bit as good as it performs.

Radion will be available by the end of October through EcoTech Marine’s network of retail outlets around the country and will debut at the upcoming MACNA trade show in Des Moines, IA on September 9.

Product Specifications *
Radion XR30w dimensions
Length: 11.8 in (30m)
Width: 7 in (18cm)
Thickness: 1.5” (3.9cm)
Power Consumption: ~130watts

Premium Features
• 5-channel control of color and intensity, 6-channel capable
• 8x Cree XP-G Cool White LEDs run at 5w each
• 8x Cree XP-E Blue LEDs run at 3w each
• 10x Cree XP-E Royal Blue LEDs run at 3w each
• 4x Cree XP-E Green LEDs run at 3w each
• 4x Osram Oslon SSL Hyper Red LEDs run at 3w each
• RGB LED configuration allows infinite color possibilities
• Integrates wirelessly with VorTech pumps and other Radion fixtures
• USB Connectivity
• Computer configurable advanced settings
• Compatible with EcoTech Battery Backup

Radion Features
• 34 Energy-efficient LEDs
• Fully adjustable for intensity and color appeal
• Output engineered for wide dispersion of light
• Minimal color banding through optimized optics
• Modular LED cluster, lens, and driver assemblies
• Fully upgradeable with evolving software and firmware
• Capacitive touch exterior controls
• Revolutionary heat sink design allows the Radion to be sleek
• Switching power supply for 110-220v operation
• EcoSmart™ multi-light wireless functionality
• Easy import and export of saved modes for online sharing
• Extremely quiet fan operation
• Real-time clock

Note: Basic hanging kit supplied with light. Premium hanging kit sold separately.

Usage Guidelines
• One Radion fixture is comparable to one 250w metal halide
• Generally, one Radion fixture should be used per 40 gallons (150L) of water volume
• Approximate surface coverage is 24x24 inches (60x60cm)

Radion XR30w MSRP: $749

*All product specifications are subject to change.
Foreign and domestic patents pending.

luisagos 09/01/2011 11:38 AM

No Pics?

Congratulations on the new product.
Just need a order button.

LinkinReef 09/01/2011 11:39 AM

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! I can't wait to see these.

EcoTech Marine 09/01/2011 11:40 AM

No pics until MACNA, stop by our booth and play with it!

WWiley 09/01/2011 11:41 AM

Sounds hot. I'll be in my bunk.

amheck 09/01/2011 11:43 AM

Thanks!

Availability? Is the controller on board, or will there be a separate unit? Lightening/thunderstorm, moonlight, cloud cover and all that great stuff included? Made is the USA?

tegee 09/01/2011 11:52 AM

Subscribed and foaming at the mouth...lol

rtparty 09/01/2011 02:02 PM

Why does evryone want lightning and that crap? It is so bad for your fish! Public aquariums will not allow flash photography for a reason.

To ecotech,

Awesome light! May I suggest you look into some yellow LEDs as well? I currently use an RGB system and it really lacks the yellows. Yellow leds on their own are ugly over the tank but I do think they would provide a little something extra that most LED systems miss. Just my opinion though. I have no research to show either way. I may just have to plan another tank build that is built around these lights!

wesleyforbes2 09/01/2011 02:24 PM

Wow! I can't wait to see what tricks these puppies can do!

kayl 09/01/2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtparty (Post 19227382)
Awesome light! May I suggest you look into some yellow LEDs as well? I currently use an RGB system and it really lacks the yellows. Yellow leds on their own are ugly over the tank but I do think they would provide a little something extra that most LED systems miss. Just my opinion though. I have no research to show either way. I may just have to plan another tank build that is built around these lights!

If they'd gone with the Neutral White leds, they'd have a bit more yellow in the spectrum...

alrha 09/01/2011 03:14 PM

Do these require a hanging kit? or will there be an option to mount them to rails and rest on top of a canopy?

Dre59 09/01/2011 04:56 PM

Wow!!!

snow flake 09/01/2011 05:06 PM

can't wait to see i was fixing to buy 4 sol blues but im gonna wait now and im going to pick up a mp40 this weekend

chrismck97 09/01/2011 05:37 PM

expensive

cmfowden5150 09/01/2011 06:27 PM

Will you be putting together a "package deal"? 2 pumps, backup and the light?

wesleyforbes2 09/01/2011 06:34 PM

I was looking at the Vertex Illumina so compared to that these are priced much more reasonably.

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

scolley 09/01/2011 08:48 PM

Independent of the virtues of this first LED light offering by Ecotech, IMO their decision to throw their hat into the LED ring is the beginning of the end for metal halides, and likely T5's too.

Remember you heard it here first. ;)

Texsun 09/01/2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayl (Post 19227592)
If they'd gone with the Neutral White leds, they'd have a bit more yellow in the spectrum...

If this is an option, I am in for 2!

phuzzykins 09/01/2011 10:04 PM

How about third party controller integration? Neptune Apex?

this is me 09/02/2011 05:01 AM

If this is slave-able or a slave unit, I'll take two!

HaleMoana 09/04/2011 08:15 PM

At what height do these need to be mounted in order to achieve the 24x24 surface coverage that your claiming? That almost contradicts the "per 40 gallon" rule you are also stating.

Looking forward to more details!!

chercm 09/05/2011 05:48 AM

cannot wait for the pic

wesleyforbes2 09/05/2011 08:52 AM

They won't shoe the fixture until after 9/9/11. I am excited to see it as well!:-)

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

WWiley 09/05/2011 10:11 AM

I can't wait till it's out of stock at my favorite dealer.

fishresponse 09/07/2011 01:58 PM

I'm on the market for new LED lights and every month something newer and better comes out. So far IMO I think this one is the best for the money and quality. Can't wait for pics and testing.