Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Saltwater (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Many Thanks to TBS (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873625)

slimreb 06/26/2006 10:07 AM

Many Thanks to TBS

I have been slacking in sending a heart felt Thank You to TBS. My tank was lost during Hurricane Katrina. I had set the tank back up with new sand and the cleaned rock that was in the tank before. I had contacted TBS about getting rock and sand to get my tank back together.

TBS shipped me a bunch of beautiful rock, live sand, some snails, some hermit crabs, some plants, and various other things. I must say that this has helped my tank get re-established to were I could get my Haddoni Carpet Anemoe and two A. Percula back into my own tank.

I am thankful beyond words for the help that TBS did to help out a reefer who had lost two years of hard painstacking work that us reefers love do to this hurricane. I do not believe I could ever repay what they have done for me.

When I can get a new camera I will post up some pictures of what my tank looks like now.

Wayne

rededteck 06/26/2006 10:30 AM

Richard Londeree is the epitome of a successful business owner. Not only is he trying to do his part with saving the reefs, he is empathetic to his customers as well. It is very cool he took care of you.

I hope your tank flourishes and things go very well for you.

slimreb 06/26/2006 12:15 PM

After what Richard has done for me any future purchases for my tank that I can send his way I will. I have told all the people I know that live around me that if they set their tanks back up to go to TBS for their rock purchases.

Hopefully in a couple months or so I will be able to get that 250G I have been eyeballing for a while. If I get it TBS will indeed be the first place I go to for my rock and sand purchase.

liverock 06/28/2006 01:28 PM

Amazing!!

Glad to hear it worked out for you......the anemone survival is amazing!!

I was diving today, and am happy to report the rock is looking even better, recovering from the red tide event handsomely!

Had a big loggerhead turtle, like 300# plus hanging around all day....and lots more fish are showing up, where there was none a couple of months ago...also inverts are showing up...all babies, but coming back.....

Is a very good sign, now if we can keep mother nature from dosing us with red tide this year things should continue to improve in the Gulf..
Hope the house rebuilding is coming along also!
Thanks

Richard TBS:rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

slimreb 06/28/2006 04:39 PM

Glad to hear that the reef area is starting to recover Richard.

It is good to see things returning to normal all over the place. It is amazing how mother nature can destroy something then rebuild. I bet it is a wonderful sight to see the life returning bit by bit.

Really wish I could see something like that. Just need to go to some scuba classes then go somewhere to see a reef in its true form. I love looking at those pictures of natural reefs and would love to see it in person.

Once again thanks for all that you have done for me, and expect business from me in the future when I get either a new tank or a bigger one.

Wayne

JeRmZ 06/29/2006 02:57 PM

Hey Richard ...

I'm in your area and Just heard last night on the news they found some low concentrates of Red Tide down near Siesta Key I believe. Let's hope it doesn't bloom like last year ... that was horrible!

And slimreb .. glad to hear your tank is back up and running!