Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tunze (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   7096-No unit found (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165949)

shikhyung 05/03/2012 10:59 PM

7096-No unit found

I just bought the 7096 and installed in win XP. Window see USB at Comp5 and when open Tunze window, it said no unit found. I tried to change to comp2 as suggested from another thread, restart window, still no unit found.
I tried my labtop and desktop, the same problem. My friend loan the lap with Vista, after down load, Tunze icon is blank. if click the icon then the installed window pop up asking to install again.

Craig Borowski 05/04/2012 08:58 AM

Hi Shikhyung- On the XP machine were you able to confirm that it was changed to Com 2? This page from Microsoft has a good explanation about changing those settings. Please make sure that the port setting has been changed correctly and try again.

On the Vista laptop it sounds like you may be clicking the install icon twice. After installation, check the Start menu and look for the Tunze folder and icon there.

If that doesn't work just let me know and we'll try a couple of other things.

shikhyung 05/04/2012 12:01 PM

Hi Craig, Yes both desktop and lap confirm comp changed. On vista, I will check tonight.
Regards to the controller, is there any sign ( any led comes on...)tell me that the unit is working when USB is hooked up?

Craig Borowski 05/04/2012 02:28 PM

Yes, some or all of the LEDs should come on when connected to USB. The only time they wouldn't would be if all of the pump speeds had previously been set to 0.

Let's try a couple of more things:

If you installed the software from the CD that came with the controller, then please go to this page to download the newest version. Uninstall the previous version and reinstall the one you downloaded. Double check the COM ports after installation and try again.

You may also try using a different USB port on your desktop. On some computers, especially older ones, the voltage through some of the USB ports can be below specifications. Your best choice is to use one of the USB ports on the back of the machine, as these go straight to the motherboard and are generally the most reliable.

Let me know how that works out and we'll take it from there...

shikhyung 05/04/2012 04:13 PM

Absolutely, I don't see any light or led lid up at all.
Brand new in the box, I tried to program w/o the pumps.

Radioheadx14 05/04/2012 04:40 PM

I'm in the same boat. I got it to connect on the first try, try to reprogram the pumps, and now it can't find the device in both the controller soft ware or AVRootloader. I'm becoming very upset at how unintuitive this hardware/software set up is.

shikhyung 05/04/2012 08:11 PM

Where can I do the uninstalled? Under what name?

shikhyung 05/04/2012 08:25 PM

The version you suggest in Tunze site is the same version with the CD?

Radioheadx14 05/05/2012 08:35 AM

I figured mine out... in the avrootloader, make sure its set to BOOTLOAD... mine was set as half a file directory. after that, I programmed it and it worked.

shikhyung 05/05/2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioheadx14 (Post 20217763)
I figured mine out... in the avrootloader, make sure its set to BOOTLOAD... mine was set as half a file directory. after that, I programmed it and it worked.

1-What do you see when hooked up to USB. Mine is nothing.
2-when I open the avrootloader, and try to connect, it keep circle around and display please reset the device... where is the reset button?
3-I try to set comp at comp2 (which avrootloader see) or auto, and vary bautrate, still not working...after 3 tried out, they quit. I tried with shorter usb cable too.

Do you think the controller is dead?

Radioheadx14 05/06/2012 09:05 PM

mine showed up as a generic USB device. I didn't do auto, I set it at the Com# I assigned it to.

Craig Borowski 05/07/2012 08:40 AM

Shikhyung- I've sent you a PM.

shikhyung 05/08/2012 10:55 PM

Up and running after MD replaced the new unit. Thanks .