Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   New to the Hobby (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Posting pix: (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2662768)

Sk8r 12/29/2017 04:13 PM

Posting pix:

1 Attachment(s)
The easiest and most permanent way (not subject to any outside source's rules) is straight from your computer, which is of course free. Instead of 'post quick reply' select 'advanced' and scroll down on the resulting display until you see a 'manage attachments' blank. That will give you the option to select an image from your own computer. 'Browse'. There will be an 'upload' option. A code will appear down near that 'manage attachments'---click on it. That will actually upload the file as a thumbnail, and you are ready to post your comment. Once you post, the thumbnail moves up into your comment box. If a user clicks on your thumbnail, it will expand into a larger image. The result looks like this:

aikenreefkeeper 12/29/2017 05:22 PM

Sk8r,

I have seen these thumbnails on several posts including this one. Once I click on the image, I get the circling Icon, but it never expands. For example, I clicked on the one in your comment and waited for two minutes and it never expanded. Am I doing something wrong? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andi76 12/30/2017 02:51 AM

I use the app (Tapatalk) it’s as simple as sending an image through a text/imessage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sk8r 12/31/2017 05:25 PM

Aiken, I do not know: it might be a setting on your computer. I'm not having trouble with it, nor are others. Can anybody offer a suggestion?

homer1475 01/03/2018 05:21 AM

I'm not sure why people have such issues? I have been using Imgur and its really no different then photobucket is/was.

In imgur you upload the photo, click on said photo, at the bottom click on huge thumbnail, then copy the [img]Photo url is here between the tags[/img] tags (referred to as BB code for message boards) into your post. Exactly the same as you use to do in photobucket with the exception of resizing(PB did that part for you).

Like this:
https://i.imgur.com/QVcCeP6h.jpg

or even better since most people are using a mobile to take these photos, download the app Tapatalk. It's as simple as clicking on the new post button then clicking the plus sign. Tapatalk uploads directly from your mobile and sizes them correctly for viewing.

The best part about both of these methods is that you have full size photos within the post and no one has to click on the thumbnail to view the photo.

homer1475 01/03/2018 05:29 AM

Just a small FYI....

More often then not, uploading photos directly to this site as Sk8r pointed out, fails.

Salty Waffles 01/21/2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikenreefkeeper (Post 25316356)
Sk8r,

I have seen these thumbnails on several posts including this one. Once I click on the image, I get the circling Icon, but it never expands. For example, I clicked on the one in your comment and waited for two minutes and it never expanded. Am I doing something wrong? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The same thing happens to me if I simply click on the thumbnail.
What I found is if you right-click on the thumbnail and select "open in new tab" it will open the full sized image in the new tab just fine.

Sk8r 01/24/2018 02:07 PM

Trying to keep this updated: Photobucket seems to have lowered their annual rate; and a lot of people are happy with smugmug. Places to look at least.

LauraGreenImp 03/02/2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sk8r (Post 25341387)
Trying to keep this updated: Photobucket seems to have lowered their annual rate; and a lot of people are happy with smugmug. Places to look at least.

Trying straight from iPad...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d8dcb4dbdc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

johnwick12 03/14/2018 04:03 AM

anybuddy selling tuttles ???

jjencek 03/14/2018 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=Andi76;25316726]I use the app (Tapatalk) it’s as simple as sending an image through a text/imessage.

I don't know anything about Tapatalk or other "free" apps, but what keeps them from starting to charge fee when they become big with lots of customers?

If that happens all the archived messages on this forum stop displaying the great images we all added.

LauraGreenImp 03/15/2018 10:25 AM

There is a ‘Tapatalk Pro’ that costs under $3, iirc. I got that, but, honestly, I’m not sure what difference it makes. Plus, I really prefer using RC through my browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Celtic_Fox 04/30/2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sk8r (Post 25316260)
The easiest and most permanent way (not subject to any outside source's rules) is straight from your computer, which is of course free. Instead of 'post quick reply' select 'advanced' and scroll down on the resulting display until you see a 'manage attachments' blank. That will give you the option to select an image from your own computer. 'Browse'. There will be an 'upload' option. A code will appear down near that 'manage attachments'---click on it. That will actually upload the file as a thumbnail, and you are ready to post your comment. Once you post, the thumbnail moves up into your comment box. If a user clicks on your thumbnail, it will expand into a larger image. The result looks like this:

Is there a limit to the amount of pictures we can post in this way? (I started using imgur but the URLs never seem to work right and I have to spend time editing them until the picture shows correctly and part of the URL isn't showing. I'd like to use this simpler way for my build thread.)

GreenTankCorals 05/12/2018 06:41 AM

Thanks for the great tips. I have never used Tapatalk, seems like its worth a try.

npierce1015 05/29/2018 12:43 PM

Awesome advice thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Darth_Tater 07/07/2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikenreefkeeper (Post 25316356)
Sk8r,

Thanks.

I have this problem sometimes. If I let it sit for a few seconds, then close the image popup, and then try it again it always works the second time.

Redeyes31 07/16/2018 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Tried uploading a pic yesterday using the method Sk8r mentioned, which seemed the obvious way as I was trying to post but it didn't work. (Ive never used a forum so this is all foreign to me so far).

I just tried it again and I noticed this time, when trying to upload, in the upper part of that window it said upload failed. Didnt give me a reason as to why, but I wondered if the file was too large. I checked it, 2.7MB, not too crazy. Then I downsized it to 2MB and tried again, and it seems to be working, though I wont know until I hit the post reply button.

If it does work, heres my first tank! 1 week into cycle. 65g with 24g sump. Going for mixed reef with lots of gobies and dartfish and a mandarin and shrimp and crabs and snails. :spin3:

rygar 03/17/2019 07:04 PM

trying something different

[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxgLUQvm0vfqWUJzU

rygar 03/17/2019 08:03 PM

20\