Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nano Reefs (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   New nuvo ten (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2656423)

eddiereefs 10/29/2017 02:57 PM

New nuvo ten

4 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I'm dipping my finger back into the game after a couple year break. I figured I'd start small. I want to do a full sps build. Right now I'm running the ai prime settings pretty low for cycle. I bought a divinchi clown and will wait a full month before I add coral. I bought a jebao sw-2 for flow, media basket for filtration and will be running an eshopps nano skimmer. I may get a mini max media reactor for gfo because our goal is super low nutrients. Take a look at my rock work and lmk what u guys think! Thanks

rodcpierce 10/31/2017 10:29 PM

How is that SW-2 in there? I have the same tank that I just setup a month or so ago and just purchased one hoping it would be alright in the tank.

eddiereefs 11/01/2017 03:29 PM

It's good. You have to speed the wave mode in order to get a good wave though. Moves a little sand so hope u don't mind that. I like how they changed the pump design in which the motor doesn't come to a full stop, rather it slows then speeds which makes it last alot longer kinda like a sicce pump design.

rodcpierce 11/02/2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiereefs (Post 25260749)
It's good. You have to speed the wave mode in order to get a good wave though. Moves a little sand so hope u don't mind that. I like how they changed the pump design in which the motor doesn't come to a full stop, rather it slows then speeds which makes it last alot longer kinda like a sicce pump design.

I dont really need a wave, as much as I just want some nice movement without being direct on the corals. I currently have a 330gph pump hooked to a spin stream and its doing a pretty good job. But always looking for something better.

eddiereefs 11/02/2017 08:15 PM

Well reguardless it is a good little pump. It's the size of a golf ball and does move sand on the lowest setting.

BeachVacationer 11/11/2017 07:59 AM

I have a SW-2 I my 5 gallon Fluval. I really like it except for the fact that it stops running every once in awhile. It's the rotor that somehow gets stuck. I have to force it to spin a couple times to get it unstuck. Then it works fine for a week or so. I have it on low flow setting and it's covered by a sponge to prevent my nems from getting shredded if they decide to roam around the tank. I inspect the motor once a month for routine cleaning but it's not that dirty. But obviously some buildup causes it to stop. It may not be a problem at higher speeds.

The Modest Reef 11/11/2017 01:35 PM

That rock looks fantastic. So man nooks and crannies for the livestock, and plenty of flow

eddiereefs 11/13/2017 10:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks man! Here's an update!

eddiereefs 11/13/2017 10:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More sps coming soon