Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS) (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Adelman OUT! (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841512)

Unarce 05/09/2006 03:17 PM

Adelman OUT!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2439143

Inkedsphynx 05/09/2006 03:31 PM

I say "Boo" to that.

:mad2:

duec22 05/09/2006 03:51 PM

I've got mixed fealings about that one....Rick has done a great job with the team, and I like him. However there have been times where I just don't think he has it in him to push the player to their fullest....
So may he have good luck where ever he goes.

FishGuy5 05/09/2006 04:08 PM

This is a BAD call.....they can't get anyone any better. Don Nelson is not the ANSWER!!!!

Wee-Reef Master 05/09/2006 04:56 PM

Adelman would have NEVER taken the Kings to the next level, so I respectfully disagree. Great call!!! I say bring in Pat Riley. He knows how to get it done in the post season.

Unarce 05/09/2006 05:11 PM

Adelman's probably the most successful 'safe' coach in history. He had good knowledge of X's and O's, and got along great with his team. He's not the 'in your face' type of coach that demands his top players to go all the way or die trying.

Petrie's track record is very, very good. I have trouble second guessing his moves. The Maloof's are fresh thinkers, and I'm sure they've got someone in mind already.

Who knows, maybe the planets are aligned for Rick Barry. The guy's a bottomless pit of basketball knowledge. He'd light a fire under anybody (althought he and Artest probably wouldn't work out so well).

bluenassarius 05/09/2006 05:25 PM

stan van gundy. get him on the horn right away

Unarce 05/09/2006 05:28 PM

Van Gundy's got better things to do:lol:

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/files/svg_161.jpg

bluenassarius 05/09/2006 05:31 PM

who is that guy?

goslugsgo 05/09/2006 07:31 PM

Dude...that's creepy on so many levels.

FunGuy 05/09/2006 09:31 PM

I agree that Adelman can't take Sacramento to the next level. He has had sacramento teams with so much talent, but can't get them over the hump. There may be a limited number of coaches out there that are really good. Don Nelson definitely isn't the answer. Van Gundy would definitely do better than Nelson.

Love the pictures.

duec22 05/10/2006 08:21 AM

Quote:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7335000#post7335000 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Unarce
Van Gundy's got better things to do:lol:

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/files/svg_161.jpg

LOL...I always think of Ron anytime I've seen Van Gundy...

fishsoldseprtly 05/11/2006 11:27 AM

Adelman was not the answer for the Kings, I think with al the talent that was given to him all these years he just was not doing it.. and he was outcoached during playoffs in the past rescent years, especially during the conference title game vs LA a few years back when he went with a smal line up and was outrebounded in the last few minutes. He's underachieved.

I dont have an answer on who can actually replace them, I dont really think that their is a really good coach out their, but I would definitely throw my money at Rick Barry as well. I think the guy has soo much knowledge of the game but I also do not think he's a players coach. I think Adelman should have been out a few years ago, and he should feel good cause the Maloofs gave that guy soo many chances.

FunGuy 05/11/2006 11:40 AM

How about Eric Musselman? Barry has knowledge... I wonder if he would know how to coach effective.

Unarce 05/11/2006 11:55 AM

I like Musselman. I like what Terry Porter did for the Bucks, too.

Rick raised some pretty decent ballers from his own bloodline. I'm sure he can coach. Can he coach some of the egotistical pansies in today's professional sports? That's the big question. Coaches today have to be 50% basketball guru, 50% psychologist.

You can see how some great basketball minds can have trouble reaching out to players (Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkens) and some can sell ice to an eskimo (Phil Jackson, Chuck Daly).

fishsoldseprtly 05/11/2006 11:59 AM

I dont really like Musselman, I think with the talent the Kings have (I am not kings fan) I think they should bring in a big time coach. If they decide not to go that route then I thinkBarry might be one hell of a shot at that position. I think any team that tries Barry might benefit from it but your right Karl, I just dont think he will be able to deal with todays players, he is the type of coach that wont take crap from anyone. He's a hard nosed basketball coach.

Bdimas 05/11/2006 01:04 PM

I'd like to see Elston Turner come in but i doubt that would happen.

FunGuy 05/11/2006 02:32 PM

Barry definitely wouldn't take any crap from players. With today's players, he'd end up having the disgruntled players and a team like the Knicks :P Lots of talent, no teamwork, poor play and poor results.

I agree with Karl. I think that a coach with pretty good basketball knowledge, but a more effective management style is more important:P 40/60 instead of 50/50 might be able to get better results.

yoboyjdizz 05/11/2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7347360#post7347360 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bdimas
I'd like to see Elston Turner come in but i doubt that would happen.
i agree.. But i wouldn't mind don nelson or bryon scott. I would probably have artest be there to help choose a coach so we know he won't flip out.

Bdimas 05/11/2006 06:15 PM

Byron Scott would be good imo. I think Nelly, Artest and Bonsi would clash.

Unarce 05/24/2006 10:00 AM

Any thoughts on Carlesimo being the frontrunner so far?

fishsoldseprtly 05/24/2006 10:11 AM

Karl, I think the front runner for this thing would be Larry Brown, I would not think that Carlesimo would be the replacement. These guys want to win it all now, and who ever its going to be the replacement for Adelman would be someone who has a good winning record and someone whos successful in the playoffs. This isnt a re-building process, they want someone with a great track record and they have the owners who will throw money at the right guy if that guy presents himself. JMO

BTW, did that order ever come in?.. later bro.

brentp 05/24/2006 10:58 AM

Although Petrie does not often come out and say what he is thinking ahead of time, he expicitly stated that he was not interested in Larry Brown. Petrie may have just threw that out there because the Maloofs are interested in Brown and Petrie isn't?

Unarce 05/24/2006 11:07 AM

I read, too, that the Maloofs and Petrie had not even considered Brown. They respect his accomplishments, but I think they'd like to have a bit more stability. Brown's too much of a vagabond.

There's an extreme demand for San Antonio personnel, as the organization and system as a whole, is highly regarded in professional sports.

Warren - I emailed Scott last night for a tracking number, since our order hadn't arrived yet. He replied saying that it was sent by regular mail, so we're looking at up to 9 business days. Hopefully, we'll have it by Friday:D

I'll keep you posted.

Unarce 05/24/2006 11:12 AM

...also, Dallas assistant Mario Elie is also a possible candidate.